European roulette, often described as the perfect combination of French and American Roulette, is an all-time favorite. After all, what is not to love? By combining some exciting features of its equally famous counterparts, EU roulette games have the perfect balance of excitement and volatility.
It is unknown when and where the European roulette game first came to be but considering it combines some elements of both French and American variation of the game, it is believed how it happened somewhere around the late 1800s. Whatever the facts may be, the game with the wheel quickly swept the punters off their feet.
Even though still widely available in land casinos, online European roulette is becoming increasingly popular all across the globe. This game has been an essential part of every online casino with real money roulette establishment ever since the very beginning of the industry. The main reason why this type of roulette is so often played is that the house has a relatively small edge, only around 2.7. Also, this game is pretty simple and straightforward, without any complicated rules that might confuse new players.
How to Play European Roulette Online?
Playing online European roulette is not much different than playing roulette in a real casino. First and foremost, you have to find the type of the roulette you like. Most variations of this game have the same basic rules, but there might be some differences. All you have to do, for now, is simply click the game and wait for it to load.
If you are playing the game of EU roulette online for the first time, make sure to know all the rules. The next step is to set the amount you want to bet. Simply type the number in the appropriate field. If you are playing in a real casino, you will have to exchange money for casino chips.
Now, it is time to place a bet by clicking the field on the chart that is on the “table” in front of you. When playing in a real casino, now it’s time to put some chips at the appropriate place.
The croupier will spin the wheel, and the ball and drop the ball. Once the ball settles, the winner is announced! It is important to keep an eye on the game, as European roulette online is one of the fastest games there are, especially if you are playing in a real brick-and-mortar casino or you want to play live dealer European roulette.
To become a successful roulette player, you have to be aware of some terminology that is used in the roulette game online. That way, no matter where you play you will leave an impression of being experienced and a pro.
- Chips – plastic tokens that can be exchanged for real money in a brick-and-mortar casino
- Croupier – the person in charge of the game. The only person allowed to touch chips once they are placed on the table.
- Bet – the amount of money you want to wager
- Wheel – a device with numbers that spins
- Ball – element that is dropped on the spinning wheel
- Double – double the amount you want to bet
- Inside bets – betting on a single number, adjacent numbers or small groups of numbers
- Outside bets – betting on large groups of numbers
- “Bout de table” or “Chef de partie” – additional croupier that supervises the table in case it’s crowded
- Single bet – a bet place on a single number, for example, number 15
- Split bet – a bet on two adjacent numbers, for example, 17-20
- Street bet – betting on a whole horizontal line of the chart, for example, 28-29-30
- Corner bet – betting on four numbers that share a corner, for example, 10-11-13-14
- Trio – a bet on 3 numbers, must include a zero
- First four – betting on 0-1-2-3
- Manque ou Passe – betting low (1-18) or high (19-36) numbers
- Rouge ou Noir – betting on red or black, betting on the color
- Pair ou Impair – betting on even and odd numbers
- Dozen – betting on the first (1-12), second (13-24) or third dozen of numbers (25-36)
- Column – betting on a vertical column of the chart that contains 12 numbers
- Snake – a bet that forms a zigzag pattern and contains the following numbers: 1, 5, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 23, 27, 30, 32, and 34. Not available at all casinos.
Best European Roulette Games
If you are looking for a good roulette game of European kind, make sure to check out our favorites. You can even play a free demo on our website.
- Realtime Gaming European Roulette – this roulette features classic graphics for classic games. This is the best choice for beginners looking for a good spin, and a place to learn the basics.
- Microgaming Multi-Wheel European Roulette Gold Series – created with more advanced punters in mind, this casino game features up to eight wheels. Also, every player can customize the number of wheels on each turn. Make sure to check out the free demo before playing for real, as it takes quite a lot of experience and concentration to keep up. The same goes for the number of wheels, maybe one wheel is not enough, and 8 wheels are too much so find the number that is right for you.
- Playtech Premium European Roulette – features a pretty basic layout, but nonetheless, offers amazing playing experience for all types of players. The wheel in the middle looks quite realistic, even though this is just a simple 2d game. To make the entire playing experience more lifelike, Playtech added some chips you can simply click to make a bet, thus making the game similar to the real casino experience.
Live Online European Roulette
Playing roulette with live dealers is an amazing opportunity to see what it feels like to play in Monaco or Las Vegas. If you want to take your roulette game to a whole new level, make sure to open an account with an online casino that features live games. Keep in mind that live roulette, European or any other kind, is much faster than traditional table games, as it takes place in real-time, with other players at the desk, so make sure to pay close attention.
Mobile European Roulette
European roulette mobile games are becoming increasingly popular thanks to mobile gambling apps and mobile-optimized websites. Nowadays, you can simply access your favorite roulette games (European games, included) and play them on the go or simply when you have some spare time.
The design of roulette games is often adjusted to playing on small screens so the game remains easy to follow. There are no flashy illustrations, banners, and frames that clutter the screen, so the players can enjoy their favorite games without much fuss. All you have to do is make sure you have a reliable and secure internet connection and big enough data plan that can keep up with your playing time.
- ⭐ Is European variation of roulette difficult to master?
- Compared to many other games, this casino game is fairly simple and straightforward. There are no complicated rules and strategies, but it would be good to get acquainted with the terminology to understand all the betting opportunities that are in front of you. As long as you know how to enter the betting amount or place the chips at the table, you are good to go.
- ⭐ What are inside and outside bets?
- Inside bet in roulette is a bet placed on the main part of the chart printed on the table. It includes betting on single, two, or a small group of numbers. Outside bets are placed on the bigger fields, outside the main chart and cover larger groups of numbers, thus meaning higher chances to win, but smaller payouts.
- ⭐ Is the European type of roulette better than American?
- This type of roulette is usually less volatile and the player has higher odds, than when it comes to American poker. Also, there are no additional rules that make the game complicated and the entire playing process is straight to the point. However, it is hard to say if this is a better choice than any other game, as every player has their own preferences.
- ⭐ Can I play the EU roulette on my mobile phone?
- Of yours, you can! Roulette games by different software providers have widely supported for mobile play thanks to new technologies. All you have to do is use your app or log in directly via browser, and play your favorite game. As long as you make sure you have a good internet connection, there is nothing stopping you from playing roulette on your smartphone.