Online slots are often somewhat misjudged, as people believe they are juvenile, and can’t bring you any serious money. But, just like any other casino game, the question is whether you know how to play online slots the right way. In this article, we will introduce you, step by step, to the world of playing this exciting type of game that can bring you some fine winnings when played right. You will learn everything you need to know – from how to choose the right casino, to how to play some of the most popular games!
Choosing the Right Slot Casino
If you ever visited an online casino, you have probably noticed it features more slot games than any brick-and-mortar venue. Online slots are incredibly popular among players, and companies compete on who will have more playing options available. So, before you sign up, browse the gaming library and look not only for solid software providers like NetEnt, Microgaming, and Pragmatic Play but popular titles, such as Starburst, Mega Moolah, Book of the Dead, etc. There is a good reason why some titles are more popular than others – they have a solid RTP rate, you get quite a good share of wins on an average number of spins, and you can enjoy breathtaking graphics and captivating sound effects.
As such an important type of game, slots are usually listed in their respective category simply named – Slots, but some casinos will also add subcategories, depending on the number of reels, theme, or extra features such as progressive jackpots. All casinos we recommend on our website are safe, regulated, and fair, so you can skip all the hard work and simply choose the casino from our list.
Registration and Banking
Of course, it is impossible to start playing right away, as you have to register first. In most cases, registration doesn’t take longer than a couple of minutes. simply click the button that says “register”, “join”, “sign up” or something similar. You will immediately be redirected or get a pop up with an online form to fill out. Simply enter your name, address, phone number, and email. Please, make sure to use true information and not made-up names as addresses, as the casino reserves the right to cancel all withdrawals for players who use fake information. Also, they will probably ask you for your ID at some point, anyway.
The next important step is depositing. Most casinos support a whole bunch of payment methods, including online wallets, vouchers, and prepaid cards. As always, there are bank transfers, credit cards, and sometimes even cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin and ethereum. In our opinion, the best way to deposit are e-wallets as they are safe, fast, and usually carry no transaction fees. To transfer money, head over to the cashier by clicking the “deposit button” and then simply follow the instructions. The money will be with your casino in no time.
Finding the Game You Like
Now that your account is ready, you can finally learn how to play online slots. The first task is to find a solid slot. Slots usually have their dedicated category, and every slot is equipped with at least a high-resolution image that reveals the theme of the slot, and the slot’s title. For instance, if you see the Egyptian deity and read “Book of Atem”, you’ll probably figure out it is an Egyptian-themed slot, but not all Indian real money slots are that obvious. for this reason, it is important to use the demo mode, which is usually free for everyone, even unregistered punters, before you start playing for real money. At this point, you might be wondering why to play slots with virtual cash if you can play it for real, but let us tell you how this is the best, and in fact, the only way, to learn more about the game without any losses.
When choosing a slot, there are certain things to keep in mind. First, not all software providers are created the same, and unless you are a gambling expert, stick to established providers like NetEnt, Pragmatic Play, Quickspin, and Microgaming. Jackpot games might sound tempting, but don’t expect to trigger the biggest prize after the very first playing session. Beginners should rather focus on simple fruity slots, and even advanced players must understand how jackpots take a lot of playing time to be hit. Just think about it, if the biggest prize dropped every day, there wouldn’t be anything special about it. The exception to this rule are “must drop” jackpots, but again – there are no guarantees when it comes to gaming. Some casino houses will even allow you to mark your favorite slots, and add them to your customized list for easy access at all times.
If you are a bit puzzled, or downright confused by the number of games available, we suggest you take a look at the list usually called “Popular Games”. These are the most beloved games at any casino, and thousands of your peers simply can’t be wrong. One more thing to keep in mind is so-called hot and cold slots. Hot slots are those that are, at a certain moment, lucrative for players who are spinning their reels. The cold ones are quite the opposite, they bring no money at the moment, but more on them later.
Also, make sure to check out RTP (Return to Player) rate for every game, the volatility level, and any special and unusual statistics related to it. High volatility means that players will hit bigger wins less frequently, while low volatility means you’ll score more often, but smaller wins.
How to Play Slot Games
And finally, the part where we explain how to play online slots. To make the instructions as easy as possible, we broke the steps down for you:
- Start the slot – all you have to do is click the image that sparked your interest. Some casinos will require you also to click the “Play” button or “Real Money” button. Wait for the slot to load. This might take a few seconds or so, all depending on your internet connection, the slot, and the platform the casino is using.
- Read the instructions – many players skip this step, but it is necessary to spend a few moments learning what symbols trigger what features. That way, you’ll never be confused by what is going on on the screen.
- Adjust settings – all slots on the market allow you to set the betting amount that will be played with each spin. Also, you can choose autoplay, when the computer algorithm does the spins for you, or play by hand by clicking the big button, usually located at the bottom. Furthermore, there are slots that allow you to choose the level of volatility, etc.
- Play the game – all that is left to do is spin those reels, so make sure to click the button and start spinning
How to Win Slots
Slots seem like a pretty simple and straightforward game, and yes, you are right, but just because they are a game of chance, doesn’t mean there are no strategies and tips you can implement to achieve bigger winnings.
- Play “cold” slots – this strategy is based on the fact that a slot can’t stay “cold” forever and that is only a matter of time when enough players will start spinning it, to become hot. And you want to be that player that plays when it starts paying out.
- Playing “hot” slots – this more common strategy is basically taking advantage of playing popular slots that are proven to be profitable for players.
- Knowing when to stop – one thing’s for sure – slots can be hypnotizing, and you can lose the track of time and money. Stay focused and don’t force winning at every cost.
- Know what games to play – some play like Starburst, Gonzo’s Quest, and Mega Moolah have been popular for decades, and there is a good reason for it. Not only do they have a fair RTP, but also provide a unique gaming experience accompanied by attractive visuals and thrilling sound effects.
- Aim for small jackpots – smaller jackpots are triggered more often and more easily than massive jackpots, but they can accumulate over time for some pretty neat balance increase.