Mobile Casinos Online
Whether you are an experienced punter or a complete newbie, you have probably already heard of mobile casinos? After all, it is estimated that the number of smartphone users in India will reach 442 million by 2022, and that number will continue to grow in the future. We use our mobile phones to buy groceries, order drives, find dates, and even communicate with our relatives all across the globe, so it is only natural to use them for gambling as well.
And if you are still concerned about using something as simple as a phone to play your favourite games, we get it – many people consider mobile gambling to be nothing more than a novelty but trust us when we say that mobile gaming is here to stay. In this article, you will find objective, balanced, and relevant information regarding playing casinos for mobile phones so that you can make conclusions on your own.
In this guide we covered all the relevant topics:
- Definition of Mobile Casinos
- Popularity of Mobile Gambling
- Main Perks of Gambling Mobile
- Types of Mobile Phone Casinos
- Top Devices for Gambling
- Criteria of Good Sites
- Live Mobile Casinos
- Most Popular Games
- Mobile Bonuses Overview
- Best Banking Options
- Short Instruction to Start Gambling on Mobile
- Main Industry Trends
Best Mobile Casinos in India
Lotto Smile India
|N/A||Lotto Smile India||100+|
|50 Free Spins||PlayOJO||3000+|
|Exclusive ₹120,000||Royal Panda||685+|
|20 Free Spins||Multilotto.com||220+|
|₹500 No Deposit||Jungle Raja||1000+|
Shangri La Live
|₹60,000 + 20 FS||Shangri La Live||1580+|
|$500 + 50FS||EgoCasino||2300+|
|₹200,000 + 200FS||Bons||1500+|
|100% up to ₺500||Bets724||2454+|
|€/$500 + 50 FS||Playfortuna||2000+|
Mad About Slots
|$1000+100 FS||Mad About Slots||800+|
|100% + 100 FS||Webbyslot||2500+|
|$100 + 100 FS||Golden Star||1251+|
|€1200 + 100 FS||LOKI Casino||1296+|
|100% + 100 FS||Lucky Louis||1000+|
Jackpots In A Flash
|₹160,000||Jackpots In A Flash||525+|
|100% up to $100||KTO||1200+|
|$200 + $5 No Deposit||Betzest||1800+|
Lucky Nugget Casino
|₹20,000||Lucky Nugget Casino||650+|
Grand Mondial Casino
|€250||Grand Mondial Casino||647+|
|Up to 150%+150FS||Baocasino||1821+|
Mr Vegas Casino
|$300||Mr Vegas Casino||382+|
Grand Reef Casino
|$5000||Grand Reef Casino||251+|
|300% up to $200||Betfair||207+|
What is Mobile Casino?
But what is this mobile casino online everyone’s talking about? Is it simply a casino that pops up in New Delhi one day, and in Jaipur the other as it has no long-term lease or a casino that is referred to as “mobile” because it is nothing more than a gambling truck or boat that travels around trying to avoid the police?
Luckily, things are not so complicated, as mobile casinos are a special type of online casino created to suit the needs of players who prefer to use smartphones over their desktop computers to play their favourite games. Thanks to smartphone casinos, players are not limited to their home computers, and can play on the go, when they like and as much as they like. For instance, you can be waiting in line at the grocery store and spinning a few reels, or sitting on a park bench waiting for a friend and playing a hand or two of blackjack.
The entire interface is created to suit small screens and offer top-notch entertainment in the palm of your hand. Mobile casinos nowadays offer as many games as desktop casinos and enable access to money transactions, customer support, and everything a traditional online casino does. They can come in the form of mobile apps, mobile websites, or mobile-optimised websites, but more on that later.
Casinos for Mobile Phones in India and Worldwide
Did you know that India has one of the highest levels of what experts call “smartphone penetration” in the world? According to the 2018 data and predictions, India had the second largest number of smartphone users in the world (after China), with a total number of 375 million users. And while some scientists believe this number will reach 442 million in 2022 as mentioned before, others are even more optimistic and suggest the number of mobile users will grow to over 600 million by 2021. Considering the immense growth of the online gambling India industry, which includes mobile gambling as well, it can easily be predicted how the numbers will only increase. The revenue of the online gambling industry in India in 2018 was estimated at 44 billion INR, and the major part of it were mobile games. There are several reasons for that:
- The majority of smartphone users in India are aged between 20 and 44 years, which corresponds with the dominant age of mobile online casino punters
- While online sports betting remains popular, more and more punters turn to a more light-hearted form of entertainment in the form of colourful casino games
- The Indian gaming market has become interesting to offshore companies which heavily rely on mobile gaming services
Understandably, many of you might question if the popularity of top mobile casinos is universal or something that can be considered a more local trend. Let us tell you how mobile games generated 60% of global gaming revenue in 2019. Industry research suggests how this area of business is seeing a 2.9% annual growth rate and is forecast to bring in US$56.6 billion by 2024.
New mobile casinos are simply another step in the evolution of the gambling industry. What started as a fun pastime, turned into a highly lucrative worldwide form of entertainment that attracts millions of punters each day. It is believed how mobile gambling is, at the moment, experiencing its peak, as some predict it will be replaced with VR gaming in the future. But, until every household gets a pair of VR goggles, we will be playing our favourite games on mobile phones while enjoying a day at the beach, cooking dinner, or riding a bus.
Why to Gamble Mobile?
More traditional online punters might wonder why to even engage in something as mobile gambling? After all, they can always use their computer. There are several reasons why you should give mobile gambling a chance, and here are some of them:
Types of Mobile Casino Sites
Of course, just like not all online casinos are created the same, neither are mobile casinos. There are two most important types of online casinos, and in this part of the article, we will discuss the pros and cons of each type. Please remember that, when it comes to mobile gambling, there is no universal type of platform that will suit all kinds of users, and every user has to make the final decision on what establishment they consider to be the best for them.
Mobile-optimised casinos are supported by mobile browser technology, but what does this mean for you, a simple punter who wants to place a bet or two? To put it clearly, mobile-optimised casinos have an online interface that is instantly adjusted to the screen size of your mobile device, no matter how big or small it is.
For instance, the same mobile casino can be opened on iPhone 11 or the latest Huawei or Samsung device, and you couldn't tell the difference. Thanks to the latest technologies, the playing interface can be customised while keeping all the important functionalities intact, with high resolution and intuitive navigation as imperative.
Sometimes, mobile websites will allow you to use a mobile phone while playing on the desktop platform, but that is something we never recommend, as the entire interface will look weird, unprofessional, and let's face it – buttons will be tiny, and games won't be as advanced as on mobile. Always use a mobile-optimised website if possible, as it is the best and easiest way to go.
All you have to do is open a casino website in your favourite browser, log in and you are good to go!
Casino apps are another popular type of mobile gaming. They are featured in app stores, such as Google Play, and most app-based casinos will provide you with a direct download link. The player, which means you, has to install the app and log in. Once you do so, you will always have instant access to your favourite games and account details – all it takes is a single touch of a finger at the appropriate casino icon.
Casino apps were all the rage at one point in time, but they are slowly losing the race to mobile-optimised websites. The main reason for this is that apps are considered to be less safe than optimised websites as they don't require login after every gaming session, thus meaning that in case your mobile phone ends up in the wrong hands, you could get into trouble. But, is this true? Considering that most modern browsers offer you the possibility to save your login data for easier access in the future, we could say apps are as safe as mobile-optimised casinos.
Comparison of both types
The best thing about browser-based mobile casinos is that they are so simple, everyone can use them. Do you know how to google something? Then you know how to use this casino! It is that simple! Also, it is more user-friendly in terms of devices you can use. As there are no downloads involved, you can borrow someone's phone in case you forget your own. Punters are not limited to a single device and can play on their business phone, private phone, and their daughter's tablet. Mobile-optimised casinos don't take up any space on the device, and it runs smoothly and with no long delays. The main downside of this type of casino is that they tend to load much slower in case of a weak signal. Also, you will have to approve saving your login data for an easier and more straightforward approach in the future.
New mobile casino apps, on the other hand, will take an MB or two of the space on your preferred device and will be available only on a single device. If you want to use multiple devices, you will have to download and install the casino on mobile devices of all kinds, which means you probably won't be able to borrow someone's phone if you forget your own. On the other hand, apps load much faster and keep all your data accessible as soon as you enter the establishment. No pesky logins are required!
Best Mobile Devices for Gambling
In this part of the article, we will introduce you to different types of mobile devices you can use for mobile gambling.
iPhone & iPad
iPhones and iPads are among the most popular Apple products, and they use iOS mobile operating systems. These devices support almost all browser-based games, but only a handful of apps, so double-check what type of mobile gaming is available at your favourite online casino.
iPhones are usually more expensive than their Android counterparts, as they are more than just smartphones – they are a sign of a certain lifestyle. Also, many users prefer iPhones, as it is in many ways a “plug'n'play” solution, especially when compared to highly customisable Android phones.
Android is not a brand of phone, like the iPhone, but a brand of the operating system that is supported by a great variety of hi-tech brands such as Samsung and Huawei. Over 95% of all smartphone users in India use Android, as it is more affordable, customisable and to be honest, considered to be a much safer system than iOS.
Android devices often support betting and casino apps, but the majority of users decide to use mobile browsers to access their games.
Windows phones are slowly becoming a relict of the past, as Microsoft no longer delivers security updates to phones running the Windows 10 Mobile operating system starting on December 10, 2019.
The company suggests you use iOS and Android devices instead. You can still use browser mobile casinos, but considering there are no security updates available, you better find an alternative.
Blackberry users make only a small percentage of smartphone users in India. Even though it was once a top brand in the mobile industry, BlackBerry has lost the battle with more popular iOS and Android devices. BlackBerry, in most cases, supports only mobile-optimised casinos.
What are the Good Mobile Online Casinos
With so many interesting, vibrant, and innovative mobile casinos that come equipped with great bonuses, it can be not easy to choose one to deposit with. To help you make the final decision, we created a list of questions you must answer before opening an account. Of course, there is no 100% guarantee, but they will surely help you separate the grain from the chaff.
Mobile Live Casino Experience
Live casino games are another trend that popped up a couple of years ago. These games provide the most authentic and realistic casino experience, as they are live-streamed directly from brick-and-mortar casinos or luxurious studios. However, not all live casino software providers are created alike, and some of them offer more games than the others, which is something to consider if you are a live gambling fan.
For instance, the best and most superior live mobile casino provider is Evolution Gaming. If the casino features their games, you will be able to play basically all titles in their portfolio. The second best would be PlayTech software that supports almost all games, except for casino poker. Most other software companies support only mobile roulette and blackjack, which reduces your gaming portfolio to only a handful of titles. Also, Authentic Gaming at the moment isn't supported on mobile devices at all. If we had to recommend the best live casino site India friendly to consider, it would definitely be Evolution Gaming supported website.
Mobile Phone Casino Bonuses
Nowadays, every casino and mobile casino site for that matter will offer you a bonus. To understand what bonuses are all about, just keep reading.
Welcome bonuses come in many shapes and sizes: money bonuses, free spins, no deposit bonuses, or a mix of all three. If the casino has an India mobile casino app, they will sometimes offer a special download bonus for those who download the app by using a special link on their website, and not directly from the store. A welcome bonus can be added on your first deposit or several first deposits. The most common practice is to cover the first three deposits with bonuses, but some establishments offer a bonus on the first 4 or 5 deposits as well.
All players must understand how a bonus is not a free money casino just gives away. Every bonus, no matter the type, comes with certain bonus terms attached to it, and you better read them to understand what the offer is all about.
No Deposit Bonus
No deposit bonus is offered in two cases: first, to newly registered customers to allow them to experience casino on the house, and second, when punters start to get tired of the casino, to motivate them to come back and play more. Imagine it as a free drink you would get for free in your favourite bar! Sometimes it's a welcome drink, and sometimes it's a drink because you have been a loyal customer for the entire year.
No deposit bonuses also have to be wagered, and usually come with an additional condition – you have to deposit to be able to withdraw winnings made with no deposit bonus. See our prepared no deposit bonus casino list India gamblers would appreciate.
Special Bonuses for Mobile Players
From time to time, a casino might offer you a special bonus for mobile players. These bonuses are not necessarily advertised on the desktop website but are sent via newsletters, or come in the form of special pop up, etc. Sometimes, they target only loyal mobile punters, and sometimes a larger audience, especially when there has been a great reboot or redesign of the mobile platform. The main goal of these bonuses is to motivate punters to play on the go.
Best Mobile Deposit Casino Options
We already mentioned how it is important to have a variety of depositing and withdrawing solutions at your disposal at all times. Here are some of the best and most popular payment methods available in mobile casinos in India:
- Visa and MasterCard – two popular credit cards that are available with all major banks in India. With 47 million users, credit cards are one of the most used payment methods in Indian mobile casinos and otherwise. The main benefit of this method is safety, and the main downside is the fact that it usually takes more to get a payout due to complicated banking regulations. Also, some banks have rather hostile exchange rates for foreign transactions.
- PayPal – as one of the most popular online transaction systems in India, PayPal is also frequently used for depositing and withdrawing at mobile casinos so it's not hard to find PayPal casino mobile. Highly regulated, PayPal is incredibly safe, but the main downside is that you must have a bank account to be connected to PayPal.
- Google Pay and Apple Pay – developed by hi-tech giants, these in-house payment methods are still somewhat new and not widely available at all mobile casinos. Still, Apple Pay and Google Pay casino banking options are incredibly safe, easy to use, and straightforward. Not sure yet? Keep in mind that Google Pay has 67 million active monthly users in India alone.
- Zimpler – as a completely mobile payment method, it is incredibly popular among India mobile casino punters. The whole transaction takes place on mobile, and there are no cheques or bank visits involved. All you have to do is approve the transaction via the SMS code Zimpler will send you. It is that simple to play on a top Zimpler casino!
- Trustly – this is not a payment method per se, but a special platform that serves as the bridge between the customer and the mobile online casinos that accept Trustly thus ensuring privacy, secrecy, and safety for .
How to Start Gambling on Mobile?
If we have convinced you, you are now ready to play in a mobile casino. Here are the steps to follow!
- Choose a casino – make sure to read our reviews on the best online gambling sites in India, and then, visit your favourites by using your mobile phone to be 100% sure you like the casino's mobile layout.
- Double-check banking options – especially if you plan on playing exclusively on mobile, you will want a payment option that is easy to use, straightforward and doesn't require any special cards, not available in India.
- Contact customer support – check with agents whether or not there is a special mobile bonus available for new customers. Sometimes, agents have the right to provide interested punters with a small bonus. However, this might not always be the case.
- Sign up – if you are sure you have found a good mobile casino in India, open an account. There is no need to use the desktop computer, simply register via your smartphone. After all, this will allow you to get a deeper insight into how the casino works on mobile.
- Grab your bonus – if you like, make a deposit and claim that welcome bonus that will help you increase your winning potential
- Spin some reels – or wheels or play a hand or two. To put it simply, play your favourite games on your mobile phone!
Mobile Gambling Trends
Many punters and industry insiders ask what the future holds for the mobile casino industry? First, we can only expect the number of mobile casino users to grow as more and more people rely on smartphones that represent a single-device-solution, rather than multiple gadgets.
Second, we are already witnessing the trend of crossover games that combine either multiple genres of traditional gambling, for instance. These Slingo games are a mix of bingo and slots, as well as video games and casino games. There is more than a single gaming provider that offers games that are “raid and quest” based, rather than just good old fashion entertainment.
In addition to that, casinos who want to distinguish themselves on the market, create special challenges that have a highly accentuated social component. In the future, social networking will become an essential part of top mobile casinos, as more and more people cherish their online relationships more than those in the real world. Mobile casino games will no longer simply be adapted from their desktop counterparts, as many software providers already focus primarily on mobile titles that are coded with mobile gamers in mind, and custom made from scratch.
From a technical point of view, we can expect further cross-device integration, as well as VR (virtual reality casinos) and localised gaming, offers depending on trends in certain parts of the world. Furthermore, the mobile casino industry will probably dive into the esports industry – one of the fastest-growing segments of the online gaming market in the world. Considering that esports managed not only to survive the COVID-19 crisis, but to increase in revenue, they will soon become the ultimate element of any respectable online mobile casino in one way or another.
Players will also live to see an impressive number of payment methods added, specifically those that are mobile-oriented in the first place. Increased security and logins that feature fingerprint and face recognition will become parts of the everyday lives of punters all over the world.
Pros and Cons of Mobile Casinos
To keep this article as objective as possible, we decided to create a shortlist that will help you understand all the good and bad sides of playing at mobile casinos.
- ᐅ How Much Data is Used in Mobile Casinos?
- If you decide to play on your mobile phone and connect to wifi, there will be no data usage on your part. However, if you are considering getting a new data plan with your operator, understand that one spin, on a low-graphic slot will take 1KB. In addition to that, keep in mind that every time you change the game, another game has to load, which may take more of your data, all depending on the quality of the slot. Downloading an average mobile casino app takes around 10MB, give, or take.
- ᐅ Are Mobile Gambling Sites Legal?
- Mobile gaming sites in India are as legal as companies that operate them. In case the company is regulated and licensed, it operates legally, and there is no reason for its mobile version to be illegal. We always suggest you play only with regulated companies. Online gambling and mobile gambling has been banned in Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh.
- ᐅ Are Mobile Casinos Safe to Play?
- Generally speaking, mobile casinos are as safe as desktop sites, as they implement many important security protocols, including SSL. SSL makes sure all data, money and otherwise, remains encrypted and inaccessible to 3rd parties. Also, good casino companies will always verify your identity before withdrawals to make sure money ends up in good hands. Still, we remind you to keep your login data secret and not to brag around about your winnings.
- ᐅ Can I Use a Single Account to Play on Multiple Devices?
- Of course, you can, but only as long as your casino supports mobile playing! In case you use a browser-based mobile casino, simply log in on every device you have. If you want to play an app-based mobile casino, first download the correct version of the app from the store and then follow the steps, as described on the interface, to connect all devices with a single account. You will have to log in with each app. It is a player's responsibility to connect everything properly before you start playing, as you don't want to lose any gaming progress.
- ᐅ How to Make Withdrawal from Mobile Casinos?
- First, make sure there is no wagering requirement you need to fulfil. Second, head over to the cashier or banking section on your account. Then, type the amount and select a payment method. Sometimes, the casino will ask for your identity verification which can be done easily, by delivering certain documents. The final step is to submit the request and wait for the approval. The entire process can take anywhere from 24 hours to 7 days, depending on the casino and the payment method.
- ᐅ Are There Many Mobile-Optimised Casino Games?
- There is nothing to worry about – there are as many mobile-optimised games as there are stars in the sky. Some software companies, like Microgaming, have special divisions focused exclusively on mobile releases, and NetEnt has been producing mobile gaming titles for almost 10 years! Furthermore, keep in mind that the newer the slot, the higher the chances it will be mobile compatible.
- ᐅ Can I Win Real Money in Mobile Phone Casinos?
- As long as you make a real money deposit, you can win real money in your online casino. The deposit usually starts at $10, but you can always take a few spins on free demo games. These games won't let you win any real money but will allow you to get some experience and win while playing for real. Also, even if you win while playing no deposit bonus, remember you have to deposit to get that money paid out to you.