Launched in 2016 by the National Payment Corporation of India (NCPI), this payment method became instantly adored among Indians across the country. But what is it, exactly? Netbanking is a form of payment that uses a special software system to transfer funds from one bank to another or from one customer to another (as you can, obviously, transfer money within the same bank).
Nowadays, there are a few reliable Netbanking casinos in India, which you can find in our list.
Best Netbanking Casinos 2022
|₹20,000||Read Review||Casino Days||3000+|
|₹1 Lakh + 250 FS||Read Review||Lucky Niki||916+|
|₹30,000+20FS||Read Review||Genesis Casino||946+|
|₹30,000+30FS||Read Review||Casino Lab||2000+|
How to Use NetBanking
Netbanking is incredibly safe, easy, and straightforward, but as we already mentioned, different banks will introduce different procedures for this payment method. Considering Netbanking is available with over 150 banks in India, including Union Bank of India, State Bank Of India, Airtel Payment Bank, ICICI Bank, HSBC, Paytm Payment Banks, DBS Digibank, Canara Bank, and Punjab & Sind Bank, make sure to contact their support in case you need additional assistance to set up your account. Now, let’s take a look at how it usually goes!
How to Sign Up?
Do you already have a bank account with one of the banks supporting Netbanking? If you don’t, first make sure to open a bank account. Then, ask the bank employee how to handle Netbanking transactions. The great news is that you can install the app immediately and there, and the bank employee can help you.
After you download the app, the banker will most commonly give you an envelope with a secret code that ought to be used to activate the app and connect it with your bank account. Then, you will have to set up your PIN code that will be used every time you want to enter the app. Alternatively, the bank may use alternative forms of authentication, such as mobile codes. Once you are done with it, you can use the app as you like! Many banks also support desktop net banking. In that case, you will have to log in to a dedicated website with the username and passcode, usually provided by the bank.
Please keep in mind that different banks have different safety and authorization policies, and the entire process may slightly vary. However, opening a Netbanking account is done only once, so no need to visit the bank every time.
Netbanking online casinos made sure to ensure safe, simple, and straightforward deposits. All you have to do is go to the cashier. There, click the payment method you want to use. Sometimes, you will have to use the drop-down menu, and sometimes all you have to do is click the icon – it all depends on the Netbanking casino sites interfaces.
The next thing you have to do is type the deposit amount. While this method has its own deposit limit, the Netbanking deposit casinos usually have a different minimum transfer supported, but more on that later.
After you are done with it, the money will be on your balance in no time.
Online casino with Netbanking will allow you to request a payout by using this method as well. The process is pretty much the same as depositing, but only in a different direction. Again, you have to select the method and type the withdrawal amount. Then, submit the withdrawal and wait for the money to be transferred to your account.
What is important to accentuate is that you never, and at any point, have to provide your PIN or passcode or any other personal information. Those remain top secret at all times and are never shared with anyone. However, you will have to select your bank, account code and the IFSC code, but only so the online casinos that accept Netbanking know where to transfer the money.
At this point, you are probably wondering what the minimum deposit you can make while playing at online casinos accepting Netbanking is. At the very beginning, understand the difference between the minimum transfer and the minimum deposit.
The bank or other Netbanking provider determines the minimum transfer, and it is the lowest amount you can transfer at any point. In most cases, it is around 500 INR, or there isn’t a minimum at all. The minimum deposit is the minimum amount you can transfer to the casino for purposes of online gambling with Netbanking. This amount is determined by the gambling company and is not related to the minimum transfer. Any online casino has the authority to set its own depositing limits. The minimum casino deposits are usually around 800 INR.
Additional Fee and Withdrawal Time
While the deposits usually take up to 30 minutes, receiving a payout may take much longer. Keep in mind how online casinos that take Netbanking usually have something that is called pending times and processing times. Pending time is the time provided to the casino for you to change your mind about the payout. In most cases, it is around 72 hours. Processing time is the period that the finances team needs to complete the payment. The best casinos manage to process the payment within 24 hours, which is simply divine.
However, unverified accounts usually need to be verified by providing the documents before the withdrawal is processed. This may take, with most gaming sites, up to a further 72 hours. To avoid this waiting time, verify your identity and your account as soon as possible. The final factor in this complicated calculation is how long your bank or payment provider will need to finalize the payment. Some banks do it on the same day, while others take their time. To sum things up, if you have a verified account, it usually takes up to 72 hours to receive the money.
Fees are, as always, subject to internal policies every casino determines for itself. While most casinos don’t charge any additional fees for Netbanking transfers, others might take a percentage from the payout or charge you a fixed amount. And while this might make you feel as if the casino is betraying you, keep in mind these amounts are used to operate the casino. Furthermore, all respectable online casinos will have their fees and costs transparently listed, so you can consider them while trying to figure out when to make a withdrawal.
Also, some banks are known to charge fees on international bank transfers. For example, if the bank of your casino is located in Malta, the local Indian bank can treat your withdrawal as an international money transfer and charge you a fee. Ask your bank’s customer support for more information on how they handle international payments.
Pros and Cons
Just like any other banking method, Netbanking Has its benefits and its downsides. After all, there is no single money transfer solution that can please all the casino enthusiasts in the world. To help you get a more balanced opinion, we created this useful list of pros and cons so you can make an educated decision.
- Fast deposits – Netbanking accepted online casinos will receive your deposit in under 30 minutes which is incredibly fast considering you are in two different parts of the world. You’ll be playing your favourite games in no time!
- Incredibly safe – as a payment method provided by all the most reputable banks in India, Netbanking is as safe as it can be. Many of those banks implement a 2-step verification system before every transaction or even require you to enter special codes available for a certain period of time to make sure you are the person in charge of the money transfer.
- Available at most casinos – Netbanking is becoming increasingly popular in India, just like online gambling, so no wonder these two go hand in hand. Many casinos support this type of payment, but only the best ones can be found on our list, so make sure to check it out.
- Transparent – with Netbanking, money transactions are as transparent as they can be. They are handled by the most prominent Indian banks, after all. You never have to worry your money will be used for illegal purposes or kept by some unauthorized companies!
- Fees involved – truth be told, most banks will charge you a small fee for an international money transfer. These fees vary from bank to bank, so we suggest you consider several of them before making your final Netbanking choice.
- No privacy – transactions done with this type of casinos will be visible on your bank statements, meaning that they are impossible to hide. Even though we always advocate for responsible and safe gambling, in case you want to hide this type of money transfer, make sure to have a separate bank account for the Netbanking casino of your choice.
- Complicated in the very beginning – one of the downsides of this payment method is that punters who don’t have a bank account already may need to open one as well as set up the Netbanking system on their device. While this is not incredibly complicated, nor it takes days to be finalized, it is still much different than buying a voucher or a prepaid card.
NetBanking Casinos in India
Netbanking is getting so popular that experts say how around 150 million Indians use it to handle their transactions and pay their bills, including playing at online casinos that support Netbanking. Swift, simple, and safe, it has quickly become one of the most popular payment methods in the country, not to mention it also offers UPI casino services like PayTM, PhonePE, GP, etc.
But what are the reasons behind the popularity of this payment method? Well, it came to be in 2016, during the period of great online expansion not only in India or across the globe. Just think about it: if you told anyone just 10 years ago you’d be able to pay for all goods and services online, they would assume you were crazy. Luckily, most major Indian banks collaborate with banking experts and innovators and developers as well, so they quickly offered a solution for the needs of their punters who wished for safe and elegant money transfers – Netbanking. At the moment, Netbanking is supported by:
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- State Bank of India
- Bank Of Baroda
- IndusInd Bank
- Axis Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Bank of India
- And many more.
Casinos that allow Netbanking are also becoming increasingly beloved, just like the payment method itself. Generally speaking, they are considered a much better choice than casinos that offer more anonymous payments (via vouchers, e.g.), as the player can see the company's bank details immediately after the deposit process is done. Netbanking casinos are usually regulated and offer a great selection of games, as well as bonuses that can help you boost the winnings from the very first day.
You have read the entire article and still aren’t convinced Netbanking is the method for you. Don’t worry, here are some alternatives:
- Credit Card – simple, safe, and frequently accepted, a credit card is a perfect substitute to Netbanking. You don't have to install any special apps to use it – follow the instructions available on the cashier, and transfer money effectively. Some of the most popular credit cards are Visa and Master Card, as well as American Express and Diners.
- Ewallets – this online payment method is, in many ways, quite similar to Netbanking but with a few important differences. First, the deposit is never shown on the bank statement. Second, the casino company never knows your bank details, only the e-wallet ones, thus making it incredibly safe and reliable. Second, this payment method allows you great cost control and budget planning, as you have to transfer money to an e-wallet first. Check out our PayPal casino sites reviewed.
- Vouchers – online vouchers, like the one offered by AstroPay, are incredibly popular in India as they offer simple, straightforward, and discreet money transactions to online casinos.
1️⃣ Are Netbanking casinos safe?
- These casinos are, just like any other, safe as long as they are regulated, licensed, and have transparent terms and conditions. If you want to know what casinos are the best in the industry, check out our list of top casino sites.
2️⃣ What currencies does Netbanking support?
- Netbanking is a method related exclusively to INR. In case you want to deposit or have to withdraw in another currency, these will be exchanged accordingly. Considering that exchange rates fluctuate, you may see a slightly different amount every time you make a deposit, even though you initially transfer the same amount of money. However, we recommend you play with casinos that support INR to avoid these fluctuations.
3️⃣ What is the minimum deposit?
- The minimum deposit will depend on the casino you play with, but the rule of thumb is that most casinos require around €10 deposit, meaning you’ll have to transfer about 800 INR.
4️⃣ Can I withdraw winnings with Netbanking?
- Netbanking is a two-way method, meaning you can use it for both depositing and withdrawing. Withdrawals usually take around 72 hours to be finalized but may also take longer or shorter, depending on the casino and the bank.
5️⃣ Does Netbanking charge any fees?
- Netbanking fees will depend on your bank, and some charge smaller fees than the others, so do your math on time. In case the casino has a banking account in India, this fee will only be symbolic as if you are transferring money to a friend or completely free!