All casino enthusiasts from India have probably heard of Andar Bahar, a game that can be found in special gambling establishments more and more frequently. Even if you prefer other online real cash games in India like colourful and vibrant slots, or maybe have a special skill of counting cards in blackjack, you are probably intrigued by the popularity of this game. The Andar Bahar game is nothing new, yet it only became popular in the past decade, with the rise of online casinos.
Best Andar Bahar Casinos
What is Andar Bahar?
Andar Bahar, which could be translated as “In and Out” or “Inside and Outside”, is also known as Mangatha or Ullae Veliyae, but you will rarely find it under that game at any online gaming site. It is believed this card game of chance originates from Bengaluru (Bangalore) and is usually enjoyed by the players and the dealer. This game is very similar to Katti, another game that features the same characteristics. Some say how Katti is just a variation of it, while others argue how these two games couldn’t be different. Considering that almost all new online casinos offer Andar Bahar and not Katti, we decided to consider the latter a mere variation and a special type of Andar Bahar games.
Basics about Andar Bahar Game
As already mentioned, this game is played between the dealer and the players. It uses the standard deck of 52 cards, and participants sit in a semicircle around the dealer. Even though this is a simple game of chance that can be enjoyed even at the earliest age (and who knows, maybe you even played it with your grandparents), more advanced punters usually use some basic combinatorics and follow cards to predict the outcome.
The table in front of the dealer features the Andar and Bahar part, or the left and the right part, and players must choose a side (don’t worry you don’t have to move your seat). The main goal of the game is to guess on what side will the card of the same value as the joker card, or the trump card will land. Still, confused? Let’s break this up into segments.
Here is how to play Andar Bahar for real money. Luckily, this game is as simple as it can be, and you’ll master it in no time.
- All players must find their seat at the table. In an online casino, you’ll be seated at a free spot, or will sometimes get a chance to choose your seat, all depending on the game provider.
- The dealer shuffles the cards and cuts them. One card, the one that is revealed by cutting, is shown to all players. This card is called a joker or a trump card and is the most important card in the game. Let’s say it’s the Queen of hearts in our imaginary online gaming session.
- The joker is placed in the middle of the table for everyone to see. Players place their bets on whether the card of the same value will first appear on the left or the right side of the table.
- The dealer announces there are no more bets, and starts dealing cards at two piles – Andar and Bahar. At most online casinos, the two sides of the table will be distinctively marked, so there is no confusion or manipulation at any point.
- If the joker is black, the first card will be placed on the Andar pile. If the joker card is red, it will be placed on a Bahar pile. That way, the game remains transparent, and there is no arguing on the moves the dealer makes.
- The cards are dealt until a card that is identical in the value as the joker card shows up and lands on a pile. In our imaginary gaming session, that would happen after the dealer puts a Queen of diamonds, clubs, or spades on a pile.
- The side where the card lands is the winning pile. All players who have placed a bet on it have won!
Here are some useful terms you might want to know in case you are interested in playing at an Andar Bahar casino.
- Andar – the left side of the table, or the inside
- Bahar – right side, or the outside
- Dealer – the person in charge of cards
- Joker – not to be confused with joker card in other games. The card that dictates the winning value, often called the middle, home card, and a trump card
- Bet – the amount you want to wager on a certain side
As you can see, the entire game is so simple as there are no special strategies and complicated rules. You have to make a decision, place a bet and that’s it!
One of the most important aspects of the game is how and when bets are placed. First, remember how much time you have to make a decision. While playing with friends, the dealer might activate a timer on his phone or count to 10 (and even fool around counting slower or faster). Still, at Andar Bahar casinos, you will have to place a bet in a timeframe that is determined in advance. Live casinos in India will usually have a big clock somewhere on the screen telling you how much time you have left. This is a very fast game, so most casinos allow you to place bets for 10 seconds or so.
As previously mentioned, you can bet left or right, and once you do so, it is a done deal. If you believe you were wrong, you can also place a bet on the opposite side, but that doesn’t mean the first bet will not be valid. Let’s say that this way you minimize the damage, considering chances are 50:50 for you to win. Attention and quick thinking are more important than any other skill you might need for similar card games.
If you are playing with your friends, you will have to agree in advance on the minimum and the maximum bet, while at online casinos the operator does it for you. Most casinos support a great range of bets, starting at ₹10.
If you play with your friends, there probably won’t be any side bets to place, but luckily, modern online gaming sites have created a whole bunch of betting opportunities. The main reason for this is that side betting requires logistics you and your friends don’t have, while gaming sites have a group of specialists following and managing each live casino game, making sure everything is according to rules.
The selection of side bets differs from one provider to another. Some online casinos with Andar Bahar will offer you to place a side bet on the joker card. For example, you can bet on whether the value of the card will be above or below a certain number. Furthermore, it is also possible to bet on the colour, as well as a combination of colour and the value, or to put it – bet on what card will be joker this time around.
Your chances for winning at this game are 50:50, because the card will land either left or right, and there is no third option. However, the colour of the joker card affects the payout, which is something many players don’t expect. A winning bet on the side where the first card is dealt is paid at odds of 0.9 to 1. A successful bet on the side where the second card is placed is paid out at odds of 1 to 1.
Let’s break this down for you:
- If the joker card is black (spades or clubs), a successful bet on Andar pays 1900 total, on a 100 bet. The successful bet on Bahar pays 2000.
- If the Joker is red (hearts and diamonds), the math goes the opposite way. Andar bet pays out 200 total, on a 100 bet, while Bahar pays out 1900.
When it comes to side bets, there are also some other things to take into consideration, but it would be most complicated to explain all types of bets and combinations in a single article. To find out more about your odds at all times, make sure to check out the game description, available with every provider, or ask customer support for more information.
Andar Bahar Card Game in India
As the name suggests, this game is an original Indian game, beloved by many. Its rich history expands for over a century, and even though no one knows its origins, its simplicity and dynamics are thrilling both old and the young ones. As an all-time favourite, it is commonly played during important festivities such as Diwali and Holi. And while kids play it with their parents for sweets, real enthusiasts play it for money. And considering the large range of bets most online casinos support, it can be clearly said how this title is a game for everyone!
As a game of chance, this game is not available at most land-based Indian casinos, at least not those that operate legally. But, does that mean you can’t play Katti in India? Of course not! Katti is available at most online casinos operating in the Indian market, and you don’t even have to take a train to enjoy it. Find a casino (more on that later), deposit, and play with your peers across the country. Many dealers are Indians born and raised and make a delightful company to you and your comrades.
Types of Online Andar Bahar
There are several types of this popular game available, and make sure to understand them before starting your gaming journey.
Live Andar Bahar
This type of popular game is live-streamed from luxurious studios and features professional dealers and professional equipment. All you have to do is find a table with some available seats and join the party. Make sure to keep a close eye on the watch and place side bets to boost your payout potential.
Mobile Andar Bahar
The mobile type of this game is a somewhat mix and match category. While most online real cash casinos nowadays support mobile gaming as well, there are also many special apps for playing it. Keep in mind those are not always real money games, but video games you can use to pass time. So, even if you win, there is no money added to your balance. In case you are interested in real money Andar Bahar, use a mobile casino. After all, real winnings are what makes gambling so fun!
Video Andar Bahar
Video variation is played against a computer algorithm. There is no live dealer, and that role is taken by a special computer program. If you prefer this type of game, make sure to understand how it is very important to play it at a regulated, fair, and licensed casino that is not offering rigged games.
The process is straightforward, you click the game, and place a bet – it doesn’t get more straightforward than this. The main upside, when compared to a live casino, is that you usually have more time to make up your mind whether it will be Andar or Bahar.
Best Software Providers for Andar Bahar
The Indian gambling market is constantly growing and expanding. Hence, no wonder so many software providers decided to create attractive Indian casino games that will help them beat the ever-growing competition. Keep reading to find out more about the best Andar Bahar providers!
Hands down, Evolution Gaming, is one of the best live casino providers in the world. Their games are live-streamed 24/7 from luxurious studios across the globe, and their Andar Bahar tables are simply superb. They frequently employ authentic Indian dealers, who speak both Hindu and English, which makes them one of the most user-friendly providers for Indian customers.
One Touch is a software provider with great experience in animated and video gambling, thus meaning their Andar Bahar can be found in the table games section. Thanks to attractive 2D and 3D visuals, their releases provide some high-quality entertainment.
Another popular live casino software provider, Ezugi is probably best known for its “Indian” games Teen Patti and Andar Bahar, as well as highly attractive dealers, so you also get some eye candy to look at. Available in Hindu and English, Ezugi Andar Bahar offers a great range of bets, as well as many attractive side bets to make the game more interesting. Furthermore, the luxurious studios give a real Bollywood-vibe to the game, making them worthy of the best Aishwarya Rai movies.
X.Pro Gaming Andar Bahar can be difficult to find at the moment, as they are a very young company that hasn’t focused on the Indian market yet. Still, they can be found at a handful of Indian online casinos, so pay attention, and we are sure you’ll find them among the best casinos we recommend.
Super Spade is a live gaming software provider, focused on the Indian market, so no wonder it offers some of the most beautiful tables this game has ever witnessed. NC Andar Bahar is a very popular variation of the game with 30 second betting period which makes it more suitable for beginners, especially compared to mega-hit Speed Andar Bahar that gives you only 15 seconds to make up your mind.
Play Andar Bahar for Real Money
As we already mentioned, you can play Andar Bahar by using apps and not make any money out of it, but if you want to make money, we prepared a whole list of reliable and safe casinos to play with. All our reviews are written by industry professionals who mastered providing balance and honest reviews. Here are some of the most important criteria we use while testing online casinos:
- Regulation and license
- Bonuses and promotions
- Variety of games and software providers
- Selection of payment methods
- Quality of customer support
- Desktop and mobile gaming platforms
CasinoHEX’s Tips to Win Andar Bahar More Often
This Indian title is a game that gives you 50:50 chances to win but don’t expect to win every other hand, just because the odds say so. Here are some tips that can help you win!
- Keep a close eye on a joker card, and place a bet so that you max out your winnings and odds.
- If you are losing, you can use the Martingale strategy and double your bet until you win and balance out the losses.
- Try placing side bets, as that way you increase not only the level of entertainment but chances of winning as well.
- Know when to quit. Sometimes, your days will be filled with great winnings, and sometimes you’ll feel as if luck has abandoned you. Don’t hesitate to quit if things don’t go your way. You can always come back later and play.
- 1️⃣ Is playing Andar Bahar online legal in India?
- Yes, you can play this popular game completely legally as long as the casino of your choice has a valid license provided by one of the authorities such as the MGA, UKGC, Government of Curacao, etc.
- 2️⃣ What is the best Andar Bahar casino?
- It is impossible to recommend a single casino, but we reassure you you’ll find plenty of them on our list of top casinos available in India. Read a couple of reviews to find a casino that suits you, your preferences, and your budget.
- 3️⃣ Can I play Andar Bahar in Hindi?
- Some software providers like Ezugi have dealers that are fluent in Hindi, so you don’t even have to speak English to enjoy this amazing casino game! Games in Hindi are usually marked with the Indian flag, or letters in Devanagari, so you won’t have any difficulties in recognizing them.
- 4️⃣ What are the chances of winning?
- This game is very simple and easy, and your chances are 50:50 because the deciding card must either fall to the left or the right. The odds are calculated differently depending on your bet, the color of the joker card, and the side where the deciding card lands.
- 5️⃣ What are the minimum and maximum bets in Andar Bahar?
- This will highly depend on the casino and the software provider, but the great news is that most operators support a great range of bets, starting at only 10 or 50 INR up to 10,000 or 50,000 INR.
- 6️⃣ What are the best Andar Bahar software providers?
- If you prefer to play live casino, definitely focus on Super Spade nad Ezugi games as they are the most beloved among Indian punters. If classic table games are more your thing, try to find a casino that collaborates with One Touch, a company that delivers attractive, dynamic, and colorful versions of this popular game.