Online roulette is one of the most-loved casino games in the world. Its simple rules, fast pace, and high payouts make it appealing to every type of player. Playing roulette online for real money is a thrill like no other, so it’s no surprise that it’s becoming incredibly popular in India. Online roulette has been designed to replicate the land-based casino experience, and it has been done perfectly. So we know the game is excellent, but where do you play? You will need to find a casino with online roulette for real money, and we’re here to help.
- Online Roulette Casinos
- Online Roulette for Real Money Types
- How to Play
- Live Roulette
- Mobile Roulette
- Roulette in India
Best Online Roulette Sites
|₹120,000 + 150 FS||Read Review||JVspin||6000+|
|₹20,000||Read Review||Casino Days||3000+|
On this page, we cover everything you need to know about top online roulette in Indian casinos online. We will explain the different types of roulette cash games, and finally, where you can play them. You will find a comprehensive list of India’s best online roulette casinos, including plenty of bonuses for Indian players. Keep reading to find out more!
Indian Roulette Casino Sites Criteria
Almost every online casino in the world has online roulette games to play. However, so many options can make it very difficult to decide where to spend your money. That’s where Casino HEX comes in. We have a team of experts that try, test and rank each brand before deciding the very best online roulette sites in India. Here are some of the things we look for:
- Licensing and safety – We will only ever recommend safe and secure online roulette sites to our readers. Each of the online roulette India casinos on this page has been checked for licensing and regulation. This means that they are guaranteed to provide a safe and fair gambling experience for everybody. These licenses can be issued in Malta, The United Kingdom, Curacao, and other worldwide locations. Such licenses mean that the brands are subject to regular checks and audits to ensure fair online roulette games and safe player data.
- Roulette cash games – We check that the roulette online casino. It’s even better if there are different roulette variations like American and European and RNG and live casino. We also look at the overall selection of games to ensure plenty of variety, including tables, slots, and jackpots.
- Bonuses and promotions – We expect to see a generous welcome casino bonuses for new players in India. This can be a deposit match, free spins, or any other popular bonus type. As well as the welcome bonus, we look for regular onsite promotions and loyalty rewards for active players. With so much competition, a roulette casino should be very generous.
- Payment methods – There should be plenty of payment methods available, including those particularly popular in India. So we look for Paytm, PhonePe, Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, and others. We also look at the minimum deposits and whether or not players can use rupees to play casino.
- Mobile gaming – The best online roulette casino will be available across all devices, including mobile and tablet. We test each roulette casino on IOS and Android across different screen sizes to ensure a perfect mobile gaming experience. We will only ever recommend mobile casino sites that can be played on every platform.
Rules of Roulette Cash Game
Online roulette game is one of those games that look simple but become more complex as you keep on learning about it. It may seem like a game similar to online slots. All you have to do is to make a bet and wait for it to win or lose.
But you can manage the payout and the odds of your bet, so it’s not as black and white. Here’s what you need how to win at online roulette.
The board is the part of the roulette table where you can place your bets. It’s a red-and-black checkerboard layout with a white lining that has inner and outer positions. All the numbers that are positioned in 12 rows of three are considered to be the inner part. The outer part includes sectors that group these numbers together. Red, black, odd, and even are the most massive sectors. Then, some sectors divide the board by 12. They are placed on the bottom of the board.
If you’re playing in a land-based casino, you can place the chips yourself or call the bet. When you call it, a croupier places your chips for you. That’s what you see if you’re choosing a live casino as well. In online roulette, you’re taking your bets by clicking on the right sector.
In roulette online, the wheel acts as a random number generator. It has 37 or 38 slots, each with a number in it. The numbers appear randomly, not numerically, to make sure each spin’s outcome is entirely random.
To make this RNG machine work, the croupier takes a white ball, spins the wheel, and throws the ball in the direction opposite to the spin. It’s when the ball jumps over slots, that you feel your heartbeat almost come to a stop each time it passes the number you’ve put so much money on.
It would help if you remembered that there is an outer and inner roulette board. The inner board is where the numbers are, where you put inside real money roulette bets.
Here’s something you should learn before placing a bet. If the bet payout is 5 to 1, this means you get your original bet plus five times the bet. So, effectively, you receive six times your stake. If you succeed in wagering on a single number, you get 36 times your bet, even though the payout says 35. This is how roulette payouts work.
Here’s a list of all inside bets with payouts and odds:
- Straight bet. A straight bet is the hardest to win and the most high-paying bet. This bet is placed on one single number on the board. The payout is 35 to 1, which is as high as you get in roulette. The odds of winning are 2.70% in European roulette. It’s a dangerous but rewarding bet. This is the only way you can bet on zero, too.
- Split bet. A split bet is a bet you place on two numbers close to each other on the board. For instance, you can place a bet on 1 and 2. You can also place this bet on 1 and 4 since they’re touching vertically. With a split bet, you have a 5.41% chance of winning a 17 to 1 payout.
- Street bet. A street bet is wagered on three numbers that appear in a row. This means you can place a bet on 4, 5, and six, but not on 3,4, and 5. The odds of winning are 8.11%, the payout is 11 to 1.
- Square bet. You place a square bet on four numbers. The only condition is that these numbers touch each other. This makes the total number of square bets you can make much smaller than split bets. The payout is 8 to 1, and you have a 10.81% chance to win this.
- Six line bet. Out of inside bets, this is the one with the highest chance of winning, but with the lowest payout. It only pays 5 to 1, but you get almost 1 in 6 chances to win. The exact number is 16.22%, which is a huge odds of success, considering the payout. You can place this bet on the outer corner of the board where two street bets meet.
Now, you must have already guessed that the outside bets are placed on the outside of the roulette board. These include greater groups of numbers and, as a result, offer lesser payouts. However, the chances of winning here are far greater. Here are your options when it comes to outside roulette bets.
- Dozen bet. Dozen is quite literally a bet placed on a dozen numbers. However, you can’t pick where do you start the dozen. You can only choose from the first dozen (1-12), the second dozen (13-24), and the third dozen (25-36). The payout is only 2 to 1, but the chance of winning is 32.43%.
- Column bet. While this bet is also technically placed on a dozen numbers, this dozen is placed vertically. Bet on either of three columns of numbers, and you’ll get the same odds and payouts as the dozen bet.
- Snake bet. This bet is less known than the rest of the dozen bets, and not all Indian online roulettes support it. It traces a zig-zag across the roulette board, marking 12 numbers from one to 34. The croupier shows it on the board by putting a chip in the border of 34. You can tell it’s a snake bet, not a street because street bets are placed on the leftmost number.
- High / Low bet. You’ll also find the high/low bet mentioned as Manque/Passe in French roulette. This bet divides the numbers in tow and lets you bet on either half. You can place a bet on numbers 1-18 or 19-36. As you’d imagine, the payout is 1 to 1, but your probability of winning is 48.65%.
- Odd / Even bet. You can place this bet on either odd or even numbers. The chances of winning and the payout is the same as with high/low bet.
- Color bet. This bet is probably the most well-known in the game of online roulette. Choose red or black, and enjoy a safe bet that pays 1 to 1.
As you must remember from previous chapters, the numbers on the roulette games online wheel don’t appear in the normal order. They’re randomly scattered around the wheel in a way that zero is closer to 32 than to 1.
This creates another set of bets placed on sets of numbers as they appear on the wheel rather than on the board. Since many of the numbers close to each other on the wheel aren’t close on the board, you can’t put the bet with a single chip as you can in all the rest bets.
Instead of changing the rules to make way for these section bets, you bet in the most efficient way possible under the current rules. For instance, you would place a series of straight and split bets to cover all the numbers you’re wagering on. You don’t place the bets yourself, you call it, and the croupier does it for you. Here’s what are your options:
- Neighbour bet. This bet is placed on any five numbers that lie close to each other on the roulette wheel. Typically, you’d place five straight bets, each on a single number. The odds of winning are 13.5%, and the payout is 5 to 35.
- Jeu Zero bet. Jeu Zero or zero spiel (this means zero game or zero bet) is a bet you place on close neighbours of zero. It includes 7 numbers both left and right to zero: 12,35,3,26,0,32,15. Since some of these numbers overlap, you only need four chips to make this bet. The classic zero spiel consists of one straight and three split bets.
- Voisins du zero bet. Voisins du zero means neighbours of zero. It’s Jeu Zero enhanced. Instead of 7 closest numbers, this bet is placed on 17 numbers. The bet needs nine chips total to place all the smaller bets that it consists of. The payout will differ depending on what type of bet you win.
- Orphelines. Orphelines means orphans, the numbers situated on either side of the roulette wheel, close to the edges of Voisins du zero bet. The bet includes eight numbers and needs five chips.
- Tiers du cylindre bet. This bet, translated as “third of a cylinder,” is placed on 12 numbers directly opposite Jeu Zero. It needs 6 chips.
- Small Series or Series 5 /8 bet. Another call bet, Small Series, is a smaller variant of Tiers du cylindre. You only have to place two split bets, one on 5 and 8, and another on 10 and 11.
Final bets are placed just like the section bets. You call them, and the croupier places all the chips for you. It’s not a typical bet, though, and some online Indian roulettes don’t allow them. Look at roulette reviews on our list to see if a particular brand of roulette allows it.
If it does, you can place the final bet on all numbers that end with a certain number. For instance, the final 4 is placed on 4, 14, 24, and 34.
A maximum bet is placed to max out a certain number. It includes every single bet in the game that has a certain number in it. If you want to max out 1, you will place a straight bet on it, two splits, a street bet on 1, 2, and three, a square bet, a six-line bet, a first dozen bet, an odd bet, and a red bet. This requires a lot of chips and isn’t a good option for low-rollers.
Real Money Roulette Types
There are many different ways to play online roulette for real money. The traditional land-based game has been adapted for the online platform, and with it came many new ways to play online roulette. Below are some of the best online roulette types.
European and American Roulette
European roulette and American roulette are almost identical. They both have the same rules, and both have 36 different numbers in red and black. The key difference is the green zero. European roulette has just one zero, while American roulette has a double zero too. The additional zero increases the house edge and is less in favor of the player, but some people still prefer to play online roulette of this type. It all comes down to personal preference.
The French roulette variant isn’t as widely available but is becoming more popular with Indian players because of its unique rules. It has a single zero, so it is similar in structure to European roulette. However, if the ball lands on zero and the player loses, they only forfeit half of their stake. The ‘En Prison’ feature also means you get a full refund if zero lands when you’ve placed a bet on even or odd.
If you play online roulette for real money in India, you have probably seen multi-ball roulette. It takes the traditional game and makes it much more exciting, with the introduction of up to 3 balls on the wheel at any one time. You can wager on as many numbers as you like and increase your chances of winning, but it does split the payout by how many balls are in play. For example, if you win $10 on multi-ball roulette and there are three balls in play, you will be paid $3.33.
Multi-Wheel roulette is a new way of playing online roulette and is only available with a handful of different software developers. Instead of placing a bet on just one roulette wheel, you can place bets on up to eight at any one time. This makes things a lot faster, as one spin on multi-wheel roulette is equivalent to eight individual spins on standard roulette.
Online roulette for real money tends to come in two forms – RNG or live casino. We’re going to touch on live roulette shortly, so for now, let’s take a look at the RNG roulette option. RNG standard for Random Number Generator, and it describes the mathematical algorithm behind the game. The gameplay is virtual, and the Random Number Generator determines the outcome. This was the first and original way to play online roulette before the development of live casinos – more on that below.
How to Play Real Money Online Roulette
- If you plan on spending real money, it’s important to find a trustworthy, reliable, and genuine casino. Anything less could be a huge risk. Our experts tested the online roulette sites on this page and verified them as the best real money online roulette sites in India. When you’re ready, click ‘Play Now’ to go to the casino.
- You will need to create an account before you can gamble for real money. This involves providing personal information, including your name, address, and contact details. These details will need to be verified, usually when you request your first withdrawal. Create a memorable username and password for future logins.
- It’s time to add some funds. Head to the banking area and choose the deposit option. You can choose from many different payment methods, including bank cards and e-wallets like PayPal and Skrill. Enter an amount that is at least the minimum deposit for the roulette casino and click submit.
- After making your first deposit, you will be eligible for the casino welcome bonus. This can happen in two different ways. You may get an automatic pop-up and a prompt to accept the bonus, or you may have to accept it manually in your account area. Be sure to understand the terms and conditions before playing.
- Each casino on this page has a fantastic selection of real money roulette options. These include European, American, and French roulette. There is also live Indian roulette games available for a more realistic experience. Other game categories include slots, other tables, jackpots, and instant wins if you fancy something different.
- How to Play Real Money Online Roulette
Play Online Roulette Games with Live Dealers
The online roulette cash game has changed a lot since it was first invented. One of the latest developments is the live casino platform, considered one of the newest and best ways to play online roulette. It’s online in the sense that you can play from anywhere, on any device, but the game itself is real. Thanks to a video stream, a live dealer spins an actual wheel, and the outcome happens right in front of you. Recognition software means that the cameras can determine the outcome of your bet after the spin and relay the information back to you digitally.
Live casino is the perfect balance for those that want an authentic roulette casino experience without actually having to visit a land-based establishment. Some players also have trouble trusting an RNG game, so they prefer to see events unfolding in real life. It’s a great way to interact with dealers and fellow players while enjoying a truly immersive roulette experience from home. The best online roulette casino will have the live roulette version of the game available, and many of the online roulette sites listed on this page do.
Online Roulette Casino on Mobile
The good news is that roulette cash games aren’t only available on computers and laptops. You can also play mobile roulette on any mobile device or tablet. Don’t worry about a smaller screen or lower quality display, as game developers have optimized roulette for the mobile experience perfectly. This means that you can enjoy the game the same way on any device. There are two different ways to play mobile roulette; check them out below.
Mobile Roulette on an App
Some Indian roulette casinos have developed their native app for the ultimate gaming experience. These can be downloaded on the App Store or Google Play Store and installed directly onto your device. These apps are built specifically for playing roulette and include dedicated technical support in the unlikely event of any errors. The downside of installing an app is that it can take up precious space on your device.
Online Roulette Sites on a Browser
Some prefer to play mobile roulette for real money on a browser to avoid installing anything on their phones. It’s as simple as loading up your preferred browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, or Safari and visiting your chosen casino that way. The downside is that there can be some compatibility issues with specific browsers, and there is little that the roulette casino can do to help. Therefore, we always recommend choosing to play on an app when there is one available.
Best Online Roulette Casino Software
There are many real cash roulette software developers, which isn’t surprising given the game’s incredible popularity. However, with so many variants and developers to choose from, it’s essential to understand which does it best. Below, we have covered some of the top developers of online roulette games.
- Playtech – Playtech has been around since 1999 and has developed hundreds of successful casino games in that time. The company has always been renowned for creating table games, and roulette is one of its most popular titles. You will find Playtech European roulette and American roulette and most of the best online casinos in the world.
- Microgaming – Founded in 1994, Microgaming is probably best known for some of its epic slot titles, but they also create fantastic table games. Microgaming has more than five different roulette types, including the exciting multi-wheel roulette variant where you can play with up to eight wheels.
- NetEnt – NetEnt is one of the biggest casino software developers in the world. It was founded in 1996 and is behind some of the most successful casino games ever. Again, despite being best-known for slots, NetEnt has some fantastic roulette cash games.
- Evolution Gaming – Evolution Gaming is the king of Live Casino. They have over ten different online roulette for real money variations, including Lightning Roulette. All of these can be played with real dealers and provide the best possible experience.
Play Online Roulette in India
|Online Roulette Casino||Best for:||Welcome Bonus|
|1xBet||At all. Our top#1 right now||₹7500|
|Voodoo Dreams||Sign-up Bonus||₹100000|
|Dafabet||Live Roulette Providers||₹8000|
|Lucky Days||Mobile Roulette||₹100000|
|Omnia Casino||Fast Payouts||₹30000|
|MyChance Casino||Deposit Options||₹40000|
Gambling laws in India can seem complicated, but this isn’t the case. In fact, when it comes to online gambling specifically, things are quite a bit clearer than land-based legislation. The Public Gambling Act of 1867 prohibited offline gambling houses from opening in most parts of India, but no laws are formally in place for online gambling.
This means that Indian players are not breaking any laws by registering for and playing at a roulette casino that isn’t based in India. Many of these casinos come from abroad but accept Indian players. No legislation prohibits the use of online casinos, and so it’s completely legal to play real money roulette online in India.
When it comes to playing roulette cash games offline, this is only legal in three Indian states – Goa, Daman, and Sikkim. Breaking this law can result in hefty fines and even jail time.
Real Money Roulette Odds
Unlike many other classic casino games, online roulette is not a game of skill. In poker, you’re more than capable of beating your opponents even if luck is not on your side. However, in roulette, luck is responsible for 90% of your success, making it a game of chance.
The rest 10% fall under the strategy and knowing the odds. Here’s what you have to deal with.
The house edge. You must have noticed it while reading about even bets, the bets placed on either part of the game board like the red or black bet. You bet on 18 of 36 numbers, but the chance to win is less than 50%. It’s because there are more than 36 numbers in the game, there’s also a zero.
If the ball lands on the zero, all even bets are null and void. The probability of hitting zero is 2.7%, which means the house, the casino, has an edge on players that equals this number. It’s even more significant in American online roulette since there are two zeros. The house edge is up to 5.26%.
Even money bets. Even money bets or even bets are placed on either half of the game board. These are the colour bet, the odd or even bet, and the first and last part of the game board. The payout is the lowest in the game, and it’s just 1 to 1. The odds of winning are 48.65% in European roulette, and 46.37% in American roulette.
Dozens of dozen numbers. A dozen bets have a lower chance of winning 32.43% in European and 31.58% in American roulette.
Inside bets odds. The odd of winning a bet on a single number is 2.7% in European roulette and 2.63% in the American variant. The largest odds of winning are those on six-line bets. They’re 16.22% and 13.16% respectively.
Best Online Roulette Games Strategies
Unlike slots and games of pure chance, table games can be played in more sensible ways. Although there isn’t a guaranteed way to beat the house, there are ways to bet smarter. This means only placing a wager on things with a lower house edge and favoring the player more. These are known as strategies, and there are many different options and advice out there about how to play online roulette and increase your odds of winning. Check out some of the most popular roulette strategies below:
Progressive Betting / Martingale Strategy
The progressive betting strategy involves increasing the size of your initial bet. Sometimes known as the Martingale System, this strategy recommends that you double your bet every time you lose. Sound risky? That’s because it is. This works on probability, and the idea is that you will eventually land a win on a much bigger stake – thus replenishing your balance and covering your losses. This works best on bets with around a 50% probability, such as red and black. If you get lucky, it’s excellent; if you don’t, your balance will disappear very quickly.
The Reverse Martingale Strategy
The Reverse Martingale Strategy follows similar rules to the standard Martingale Strategy, with one main difference. Instead of doubling your bet every time you lose, you double it when you win instead. This means that you’re not draining your balance as quickly, but you will need to hit quite a lucky streak to see any real return. The Reverse Martingale is preferred over the original strategy by experienced Indian roulette players that want to minimize risk.
The James Bond Betting Strategy
The James Bond Betting Strategy is best for those that don’t want to spend too long at the table. It’s designed to be a short-term betting strategy. You will need $200 to begin, and you will keep making the same three bets repeatedly. First, place $140 on any number between 19-36, then $50 on a number from 13-18. Lastly, put $10 on the single zero. But why? Because it guarantees a win almost 66% of the time.
The Constant Bet Strategy
The constant bet strategy is as simple as it gets in real money roulette. This means playing at the same stake throughout, never increasing nor decreasing your bet. It leaves the whole thing down to luck and is the most straightforward strategy to follow, but perhaps it doesn’t have the edge that the other options do.
Multi-Chip Betting Patterns
This strategy is a bit more advanced that the Martingale strategy and is a bit more complicated to use. Instead of increasing the amount of money you bet, you diversify your risks. Here’s how it works.
Instead of wagering on even money bets, you wager a series of straight, split, or street bets. The best example of this is the sector bets like Voisins du Zero. To make this bet, you have to place 9 chips to cover 17 numbers. This gives you almost 50% of winning 18 to 1 since most bets are splits, while only losing 8 chips. This makes the win 10 chips, so you don’t need to bet more and more.
- Color bet – an even money bet placed on either red or black colored numbers.
- Column bet – a dozen bet that’s placed on either of three columns.
- Corner bet – an inside bet placed on the intersection of four numbers.
- Dozen bet – a dozen bet placed on one of the three dozens on the board.
- Even money – a bet placed on either half of the game board.
- High/Low – an equal money bet placed on 1-18 or 19-36.
- Inside bet – a bet placed on the inside of the game board.
- Line bet – a bet placed on three numbers in a row.
- Odd/even bet – an even money bet placed on odd or even numbers respectively.
- Outside bet – a bet placed on a group of numbers placed outside the game board.
- Racetrack – racetrack board allows you to place bets while the roulette wheel is spinning. In online roulette, you’re given a timeframe.
- Row bet – not to confuse with the line bet, the row bet is placed on both zeros in American roulette bet.
- Split bet – an inside bet placed on two numbers.
- Straight bet – a bet placed on a single number.
ᐅ What are the minimum and maximum stakes?
- The minimums and maximums will depend on the limits of the table. There are some low-stakes roulette cash games, where you wager as little as $1 on a hand. On the flip side, there are also tables with significantly higher limits, designed for high-rollers. You will choose your table based on your budget and are free to play as you like so long as your bet meets at the least the minimum and less than the maximum. If you want to spend a lot on roulette, we recommend trying the VIP variation of the game.
ᐅ Are roulette cash games online safe?
- This depends on whether the casino you’re playing at is safe. At a licensed and regulated casino, all games are safe, including the roulette cash game. However, if you play at an unlicensed casino, you could be at risk. The online roulette casinos on this page have been audited and are 100% safe to join and play with.
ᐅ What are the odds in roulette?
- The odds can vary depending on two things – the type of roulette you are playing and the bet type being placed. If we look at American roulette, the odds of a straight-up bet (betting on a specific number) are 37 to 1. Betting on zero or double zero is 18 to 1, and then the odds begin to reduce as the bets become more specific. So the highest payout in American roulette is 37 to 1 (straight up), and the lowest is 1+⁄18 to 1 (numbers 19 to 36).
ᐅ What is the best roulette casino in India?
- Each online roulette casino on this page is a fantastic option for Indian players. They are licensed, safe, and tested by a team of Casino Hex experts. Players from India are accepted, they all have welcome bonuses, and you can play online roulette on each. So how do you decide? It comes down to your preferences. We suggest that you look at the welcome bonus and the payment methods before deciding which is the best roulette casino for you.