ULTIMATE ONLINE ROULETTE GUIDE FOR INDIANS
Online roulette has been a staple of gambling for centuries. It still retains its popularity in all parts of the world. India is no exception. Indian gamblers love roulette games for their authentic appeal and the good old thrill of gambling.
The only problem is you can’t quickly go to a casino and gamble in most places in India. If you’re not a lucky man who lives in Goa or Sikkim, you may risk a considerable fine for gambling. The solution? You can always find online roulette casino in India.
This article tells you everything about the best places to play online roulette India as well as everything you might want to know about the game itself. The bets, the odds, the roulette online strategies, it’s all gathered here for you to learn.
- Roulette History Overview
- Basic Roulette Rules
- Main Types of Roulette
- Common Roulette Strategies
- Roulette Glossary You Need to Know
Best Online Roulette Casinos
Lotto Smile India
|N/A||Lotto Smile India||100+|
|20 Free Spins||Pinnacle||1769+|
|₹1 Lakh + 250 FS||Lucky Niki||916+|
|Exclusive ₹120,000||Royal Panda||685+|
|20 Free Spins||Multilotto.com||220+|
KIM VEGAS CASINO
|€1300||KIM VEGAS CASINO||4201+|
|₹500 No Deposit||Jungle Raja||1000+|
|$500 + 50FS||EgoCasino||2300+|
|₹124,000 + 150 FS||Oppa888||3600+|
|₹200,000 + 200FS||Bons||1500+|
|$500 + 225 FS||Playfortuna||2000+|
|€1500 + 150FS||Betandyou||5000+|
Mad About Slots
|$1000+100 FS||Mad About Slots||800+|
Shangri La Live
|₹60,000 + 20 FS||Shangri La Live||1580+|
|100% + 100 FS||Webbyslot||2500+|
|$100 + 100 FS||Golden Star||1251+|
|€1200 + 100 FS||LOKI Casino||1296+|
|$500 + 100 FS||GunsBet||2000+|
|$100 + 20 FS||Hippozino||740+|
|€1500 + 150 FS||JVspin||6000+|
Jackpots In A Flash
|₹160,000||Jackpots In A Flash||525+|
|100% up to $100||KTO||1200+|
Lucky Nugget Casino
|₹20,000||Lucky Nugget Casino||650+|
|Up to 150%+150FS||Baocasino||1821+|
Grand Mondial Casino
|€250||Grand Mondial Casino||647+|
|$200 + $5 No Deposit||Betzest||1800+|
|100% + 100 FS||Lucky Louis||1000+|
Mr Vegas Casino
|$300||Mr Vegas Casino||382+|
|50 Free Spins||PlayOJO||3000+|
|300% up to $200||Betfair||207+|
|₹10,000 + 10FS||Conquer Casino||600+|
African Palace Casino
|€/$500 + 50 Free Spins||African Palace Casino||275+|
Grand Reef Casino
|$5000||Grand Reef Casino||251+|
|500% + 25 FS||RajBet||1110+|
|100% up to €100||Xplaybet||300+|
|€1000 + 300 FS||Praise Casino||2100+|
A BRIEF SYNOPSIS OF ROULETTE HISTORY
Roulette is an old game. It’s not as old as some card games out there, but you’d be fooling yourself if you thought roulette is a modern invention. One of the first roulette wheels were spun in french casinos as early as 1758. During the 250 years roulette has been around, it has become the ultimate casino game. Whenever you think about a casino, you picture the green cloth, red-and-black pattern on it, and the wheel that can make you broke or give you a fortune.
The roulette table’s invention predates patents, and we don’t know who was the first person to craft such a table. We do know that by the late 1800s, the roulette wheel was the thing every casino wanted. The inventions skyrocketed.
Most are just a small deviation from the original, but some were more prominent. For instance, one of the first American roulettes featured a bald eagle instead of zero. It only would be more American if it had apple pie on it. Sadly, this great symbol of liberty didn’t stick.
You’d think that American roulette was the first to feature double zeros, but it wasn’t. It was a French tradition up until it lost to the German invention. German casinos reduced the number of zeros to only one to increase players’ chances to win and outcompete other casinos by the sheer volume of visitors. They were successful, and soon the construction became known as the European roulette.
Now, you can play roulette online game version at the online casino of your choice.
Best Roulette Games India
HOW TO PLAY ONLINE ROULETTE REAL MONEY INDIA
Online roulette game is one of those games that look simple but become more complex as you keep on learning about it. It may seem like a game similar to online slots. All you have to do is to make a bet and wait for it to win or lose.
But you can manage the payout and the odds of your bet, so it’s not as black and white. Here’s what you need to know to gamble efficiently.
The board is the part of the roulette table where you can place your bets. It’s a red-and-black checkerboard layout with a white lining that has inner and outer positions. All the numbers that are positioned in 12 rows of three are considered to be the inner part. The outer part includes sectors that group these numbers together. Red, black, odd, and even are the most massive sectors. Then, some sectors divide the board by 12. They are placed on the bottom of the board.
If you’re playing in a land-based casino, you can place the chips yourself or call the bet. When you call it, a croupier places your chips for you. That’s what you see if you’re choosing a live casino as well. In online roulette, you’re taking your bets by clicking on the right sector.
In roulette online, the wheel acts as a random number generator. It has 37 or 38 slots, each with a number in it. The numbers appear randomly, not numerically, to make sure each spin’s outcome is entirely random.
To make this RNG machine work, the croupier takes a white ball, spins the wheel, and throws the ball in the direction opposite to the spin. It’s when the ball jumps over slots, that you feel your heartbeat almost come to a stop each time it passes the number you’ve put so much money on.
INSIDE ROULETTE BETS
It would help if you remembered that there is an outer and inner roulette board. The inner board is where the numbers are, where you put inside roulette bets.
Here’s something you should learn before placing a bet. If the bet payout is 5 to 1, this means you get your original bet plus five times the bet. So, effectively, you receive six times your stake. If you succeed in wagering on a single number, you get 36 times your bet, even though the payout says 35. This is how roulette payouts work.
Here’s a list of all inside bets with payouts and odds:
- Straight bet. A straight bet is the hardest to win and the most high-paying bet. This bet is placed on one single number on the board. The payout is 35 to 1, which is as high as you get in roulette. The odds of winning are 2.70% in European roulette. It’s a dangerous but rewarding bet. This is the only way you can bet on zero, too.
- Split bet. A split bet is a bet you place on two numbers close to each other on the board. For instance, you can place a bet on 1 and 2. You can also place this bet on 1 and 4 since they’re touching vertically. With a split bet, you have a 5.41% chance of winning a 17 to 1 payout.
- Street bet. A street bet is wagered on three numbers that appear in a row. This means you can place a bet on 4, 5, and six, but not on 3,4, and 5. The odds of winning are 8.11%, the payout is 11 to 1.
- Square bet. You place a square bet on four numbers. The only condition is that these numbers touch each other. This makes the total number of square bets you can make much smaller than split bets. The payout is 8 to 1, and you have a 10.81% chance to win this.
- Six line bet. Out of inside bets, this is the one with the highest chance of winning, but with the lowest payout. It only pays 5 to 1, but you get almost 1 in 6 chances to win. The exact number is 16.22%, which is a huge odds of success, considering the payout. You can place this bet on the outer corner of the board where two street bets meet.
OUTSIDE ROULETTE BETS
Now, you must have already guessed that the outside bets are placed on the outside of the roulette board. These include greater groups of numbers and, as a result, offer lesser payouts. However, the chances of winning here are far greater. Here are your options when it comes to outside roulette bets.
- Dozen bet. Dozen is quite literally a bet placed on a dozen numbers. However, you can’t pick where do you start the dozen. You can only choose from the first dozen (1-12), the second dozen (13-24), and the third dozen (25-36). The payout is only 2 to 1, but the chance of winning is 32.43%.
- Column bet. While this bet is also technically placed on a dozen numbers, this dozen is placed vertically. Bet on either of three columns of numbers, and you’ll get the same odds and payouts as the dozen bet.
- Snake bet. This bet is less known than the rest of the dozen bets, and not all Indian online roulettes support it. It traces a zig-zag across the roulette board, marking 12 numbers from one to 34. The croupier shows it on the board by putting a chip in the border of 34. You can tell it’s a snake bet, not a street because street bets are placed on the leftmost number.
- High / Low bet. You’ll also find the high/low bet mentioned as Manque/Passe in French roulette. This bet divides the numbers in tow and lets you bet on either half. You can place a bet on numbers 1-18 or 19-36. As you’d imagine, the payout is 1 to 1, but your probability of winning is 48.65%.
- Odd / Even bet. You can place this bet on either odd or even numbers. The chances of winning and the payout is the same as with high/low bet.
- Color bet. This bet is probably the most well-known in the game of online roulette. Choose red or black, and enjoy a safe bet that pays 1 to 1.
ROULETTE SECTION BETS
As you must remember from previous chapters, the numbers on the roulette games online wheel don’t appear in the normal order. They’re randomly scattered around the wheel in a way that zero is closer to 32 than to 1.
This creates another set of bets placed on sets of numbers as they appear on the wheel rather than on the board. Since many of the numbers close to each other on the wheel aren’t close on the board, you can’t put the bet with a single chip as you can in all the rest bets.
Instead of changing the rules to make way for these section bets, you bet in the most efficient way possible under the current rules. For instance, you would place a series of straight and split bets to cover all the numbers you’re wagering on. You don’t place the bets yourself, you call it, and the croupier does it for you. Here’s what are your options:
- Neighbour bet. This bet is placed on any five numbers that lie close to each other on the roulette wheel. Typically, you’d place five straight bets, each on a single number. The odds of winning are 13.5%, and the payout is 5 to 35.
- Jeu Zero bet. Jeu Zero or zero spiel (this means zero game or zero bet) is a bet you place on close neighbours of zero. It includes 7 numbers both left and right to zero: 12,35,3,26,0,32,15. Since some of these numbers overlap, you only need four chips to make this bet. The classic zero spiel consists of one straight and three split bets.
- Voisins du zero bet. Voisins du zero means neighbours of zero. It’s Jeu Zero enhanced. Instead of 7 closest numbers, this bet is placed on 17 numbers. The bet needs nine chips total to place all the smaller bets that it consists of. The payout will differ depending on what type of bet you win.
- Orphelines. Orphelines means orphans, the numbers situated on either side of the roulette wheel, close to the edges of Voisins du zero bet. The bet includes eight numbers and needs five chips.
- Tiers du cylindre bet. This bet, translated as “third of a cylinder,” is placed on 12 numbers directly opposite Jeu Zero. It needs 6 chips.
- Small Series or Series 5 /8 bet. Another call bet, Small Series, is a smaller variant of Tiers du cylindre. You only have to place two split bets, one on 5 and 8, and another on 10 and 11.
Final bets are placed just like the section bets. You call them, and the croupier places all the chips for you. It’s not a typical bet, though, and some online Indian roulettes don’t allow them. Look at roulette reviews on our list to see if a particular brand of roulette allows it.
If it does, you can place the final bet on all numbers that end with a certain number. For instance, the final 4 is placed on 4, 14, 24, and 34.
A maximum bet is placed to max out a certain number. It includes every single bet in the game that has a certain number in it. If you want to max out 1, you will place a straight bet on it, two splits, a street bet on 1, 2, and three, a square bet, a six-line bet, a first dozen bet, an odd bet, and a red bet. This requires a lot of chips and isn’t a good option for low-rollers.
ROULETTE GAME ONLINE INDIA TACTICS AND TRICKS FOR BEGINNERS
If maximum bet isn’t a good option, what is? We’ll cover this in this chapter, where you’ll learn everything you need to know about the rules of online roulette and how you need to bet if you want to excel at the game.
ONLINE ROULETTE TYPES AND RULES
- American roulette. American roulette is popular in some Indian online casinos, but few players know its huge downside. It has two zeros instead of one, making the house edge while betting on red or black go up. It’s a huge 5.26% instead of 2.7% in the European variant.
- European roulette. Invented in Germany, this type of roulette quickly spread over Europe and became the leading way of playing this game. It only has one zero on the wheel, which makes it more friendly to the gambler, as they have higher chances of winning.
- Mini roulette. Mini roulette is a stripped-down version of the game you can only see at online casinos. It only has 13 numbers instead of 37 on the wheel and makes the pool of possible bets a bit smaller. The payout is smaller as well, with straight bets paying 11 to 1. Other than that, it’s the same pure fun the regular roulette online India is.
- 3D roulette. 3D roulette is the variation of the game that featured advanced graphics. The gameplay stays the same.
- Live roulette. This type of roulette has you playing with like-minded people with a croupier taking your bets live. Everything is done via webcams, so you can enjoy the social experience of playing roulette from the comfort of your favourite chair.
ODDS IN ONLINE ROULETTE
Unlike many other classic casino games, online roulette is not a game of skill. In poker, you’re more than capable of beating your opponents even if luck is not on your side. However, in roulette, luck is responsible for 90% of your success, making it a game of chance.
The rest 10% fall under the strategy and knowing the odds. Here’s what you have to deal with.
The house edge. You must have noticed it while reading about even bets, the bets placed on either part of the game board like the red or black bet. You bet on 18 of 36 numbers, but the chance to win is less than 50%. It’s because there are more than 36 numbers in the game, there’s also a zero.
If the ball lands on the zero, all even bets are null and void. The probability of hitting zero is 2.7%, which means the house, the casino, has an edge on players that equals this number. It’s even more significant in American online roulette since there are two zeros. The house edge is up to 5.26%.
Even money bets. Even money bets or even bets are placed on either half of the game board. These are the colour bet, the odd or even bet, and the first and last part of the game board. The payout is the lowest in the game, and it’s just 1 to 1. The odds of winning are 48.65% in European roulette, and 46.37% in American roulette.
Dozens of dozen numbers. A dozen bets have a lower chance of winning 32.43% in European and 31.58% in American roulette.
Inside bets odds. The odd of winning a bet on a single number is 2.7% in European roulette and 2.63% in the American variant. The largest odds of winning are those on six-line bets. They’re 16.22% and 13.16% respectively.
BEST ONLINE ROULETTE GAMES STRATEGIES
Knowing the odds won’t help you in itself. You have to implement strategies based on this knowledge. Here’s what you have to do.
EXPLOITING ROULETTE FLAWS
Roulette is basically a random number generator. It’s not perfect in the land-based casinos, however. Older roulette tables used to get corrupted over time, and they were more likely to hit a certain number. This flaw was used by the early gamblers but was soon fixed.
In the casino online roulette game, you’ll only be able to use formal strategies because you can’t find the flaws to abuse.
This 18th-century strategy is both mathematically complex and straightforward to use. This strategy requires wagering on even bets and doubling your stake each time you lose. Thus, you’ll eventually cover all your losses.
The only problem with this strategy is that you’ll need an ample supply of money to win because you double the bet every time, and it grows in geometrical progression.
Paroli (REVERSE MARTINGALE)
Reverse Martingale has you bet less as you lose and bet more as you win. The idea here is to leverage winning streaks to win more money. The problem is, the idea of winning streaks is highly debatable, so you’d be better off with the proper martingale.
THE FIBONACCI STRATEGY
Fibonacci is a Martingale variant that adds two previous bets instead of just doubling it. It makes the supply of money you need even greater.
MULTI-CHIP BETTING PATTERNS
This strategy is a bit more advanced that the Martingale strategy and is a bit more complicated to use. Instead of increasing the amount of money you bet, you diversify your risks. Here’s how it works.
Instead of wagering on even money bets, you wager a series of straight, split, or street bets. The best example of this is the sector bets like Voisins du Zero. To make this bet, you have to place 9 chips to cover 17 numbers. This gives you almost 50% of winning 18 to 1 since most bets are splits, while only losing 8 chips. This makes the win 10 chips, so you don’t need to bet more and more.
Color bet – an even money bet placed on either red or black colored numbers.
Column bet – a dozen bet that’s placed on either of three columns.
Corner bet – an inside bet placed on the intersection of four numbers.
Dozen bet – a dozen bet placed on one of the three dozens on the board.
Even money – a bet placed on either half of the game board.
High/Low – an equal money bet placed on 1-18 or 19-36.
Inside bet – a bet placed on the inside of the game board.
Line bet – a bet placed on three numbers in a row.
Odd/even bet – an even money bet placed on odd or even numbers respectively.
Outside bet – a bet placed on a group of numbers placed outside the game board.
Racetrack – racetrack board allows you to place bets while the roulette wheel is spinning. In online roulette, you’re given a timeframe.
Row bet – not to confuse with the line bet, the row bet is placed on both zeros in American roulette.
Split bet – an inside bet placed on two numbers.
Straight bet – a bet placed on a single number.
- ᐅ Can I win real money in online roulette?
- Yes, you can. Online roulette is a risky game that promises you big money, provided the luck is on your side. Use the strategies from this list to excel at the game.
- ᐅ Are online roulette winnings taxable?
- They’re not, because you can’t legally register a win in an Indian online roulette. They lay in the grey area, so they’re not taxable.
- ᐅ Can I play online roulette on my smartphone?
- Yes, you can. Most online roulettes in Indian casinos are fully compatible with mobile phones.
- ᐅ Can I play online roulette with Indian Rands?
- Yes, you need to find a casino that accepts INR. Please take a look at our list to find the one.
- ᐅ Do I have to pay for online roulette, or can I play it for free?
- Yes, you can play online roulette now for free at CasinoHEX.
- ᐅ What do I need to know about online roulette before I start playing?
- Your knowledge should include the types of bets, general rules, and strategies of betting.
- ᐅ Can I know what colour will hit more times?
- Each colour is equally likely to win each time a roulette wheel spins.
- ᐅ What is the better strategy, outside bets, or multiple inside bets?
- It depends on your wallet and your willingness to take risks. Making outside bets following the Martingale strategy needs you to double the bet each time you win, and you can run out of money. Inside multi-chip bets pay more than outside ones and don’t need you to increase the stakes. The drawback is you’re not guaranteed to win. The choice is yours.
- ᐅ If I double my bet after a loss, can I win more money?
- You can recover from a loss, you or you can lose twice the money. You will win sooner or later, but it can take a lot of time to do that.
- ᐅ Do online roulette strategies work?
- Martingale and Fibonacci strategy promise you to return the win. Multi-chip strategies cover the same ground and pay way more if you win. They will work, but only if you have a supply of money needed to wait it out to the time you win.
- ᐅ How do I know online roulette at my casinos are not rigged?
- There are two ways to do this. The first one if doing a complete background check on the casino in question. The second one is simply checking out our list of vetted casinos. We check the casinos for you.