Online Lottery in India
Lottery, as one of the most popular forms of online gambling worldwide, is tremendously beloved by all Indians. It is fun, exciting, and convenient, as you can find a lottery vendor around every corner. But, what if there is an even more accessible way to play lotteries, with even bigger wins? Thanks to the online lottery, you can easily play lotteries alongside players from all across the globe!
What is an online lottery? Online lotto or lottery is a form of gambling that takes place on the internet and exceeds all borders and continents. It is accessible to any interested punter, no matter his jurisdiction, and India is no exception. This unique opportunity to buy a lottery ticket from the comfort of your own home is slowly but surely taking the first place as being one of the most popular forms of betting in the 21st century.
In this article, we will introduce you to all the important aspects of playing internet lotto in India, including:
- Popularity of Lottery in India
- Main Advantages
- Is it Legal in India
- Our Criteria to Review
- How to Play Lottery
- Famous Online Lotto Winners in India
- Additional Info
Lotto Smile India
|N/A||Lotto Smile India||100+|
|20 Free Spins||Multilotto.com||220+|
Growing Popularity of Lottery in India
Gambling is as old as humanity. All great empires such as Indian, Roman, Greek, or Persian featured tales of a good gambling game. India also has a long tradition of this activity, as first mentions of gambling date back to Vedic times, and are even mentioned in holy books. The second important era in Indian gambling happened during the times when India was part of the British Empire, and even though the lottery was present, it was not as popular as horse racing and dog races, which were introduced by Britons.
The first “real” lottery in India, similar to the lottery we all play today was organized only recently, in 1967. The Indian state of Kerala banned all private lotteries, often related to underground organizations, with unclear payouts and rewards, and created a national lottery, along with transparent rules and schedules. This type of lottery was dominating the Indian market for decades to come.
Compared to ancient times, the games have changed, but the satisfaction of a good hand of cards, or guessing the winning number stays the same. However, it seems there is a change in sight, as more and more Indians prefer not to visit their local street vendors, but buy their lottery online. Busy lifestyles, desire to have our need to gamble fulfilled right then and there, and the mere practicality of online gambling, started a new era for lottery players in India.
Advantages of Online Lottery
Here, we will list some main reasons why more and more people decide to buy their lottery tickets online!
How We Review Online Lotteries
If you are convinced to buy your tickets online, you might wonder what the best place to do so is. In our online lotto reviews, we do our best to provide unbiased and balanced information about all the popular gambling firms that offer this type of entertainment. Here is how we do it!
How to Play Lottery Online
Do you know how to play the lottery? Have you ever been online, or are you using your smartphone every day? It doesn’t matter whether you answered yes or no because we prepared a little guide for you.
Buying online tickets is simple and straightforward, but there are still some requirements that have to be met. You must be at least 18 years old. Not even the most liberal countries support gambling among minors. If you are underaged but win a jackpot, the payout won’t be made as it would be illegal, so don’t joke around.
The next thing you’ll need is a device that can be connected to the internet – laptop, desktop computer, tablet, or smartphone. Most players in India use desktop computers and mobiles. Access to the internet is also mandatory. We always suggest using a safe wifi network, such as your home network, or only using the mobile data plan by your phone provider. Avoid using public wifi such as that in libraries, stores, etc.
You must have a playing account with the lottery company of your choice. We recommend you do it a day before the day when you plan on buying the ticket so you can verify it on time. To play the lottery, you will need a payment method supported by the lottery provider. Simply open your e-wallet, or prepare a credit card to be as efficient as possible.
Step by Step Instruction
Here’s how to do it step by step!
- Register with the lottery site of your choice, but only after reading our honest reviews.
- Select one of the countries that support online lotto in India.
- Select the lottery you want to play.
- Pick your lucky numbers.
- Also, you can always bet on lottery results with your online bookie.
- Wait for the draw.
- Ask for a payout and enjoy your winnings!
The Biggest Online Lotto Winners in India
If something sounds too good to be true, it usually isn’t, but when it comes to the lottery – everything is possible. Many Indians who decided to play the lottery all across the globe won jackpots that turned their lives around.
A woman from Kerala has won $3.2 million in the UAE lottery and promised to help underprivileged women, children as well as her and her husband’s family. Sandeep Singh experienced heartbreak but soon had girls from all across the country throwing themselves at him after he won a $30.5 million lottery. Nandlall Mangal, then a 42-year-old Indian, has won a $245.6 million Powerball jackpot. The quirky winner bought the ticket out of the blue and forgot about it until he came back home from a trip.
As you can see, the lottery may be all about luck, but if you want to win big, you must make that initial step and buy the ticket!
To ensure you understand what lotto is all about, we created a small glossary that will help you navigate the world of online lotto.
- ᐅ Who are Lotto Agents?
- Lotto agents are specialized websites that serve as a bridge between the player and big lottery companies, including those that operate online. They will buy the ticket in your name and deliver it right to your email or user account, all depending on their methodology of service.
- ᐅ Who are Lotto Bookkeepers?
- They are websites specialized in placing bets on lottery results. Essentially, they provide the pleasure of sports betting, but in the lottery. You can, for example, bet whether or not the jackpot numbers will be drawn, or whether number six will appear one, two, or three times during the draw.
- ᐅ Can I Play Government Lotteries Online?
- At the moment, the Indian government lotteries are not available online. Still, you can enjoy some international online lotteries whenever you like!
- ᐅ Are International Lotteries Legal in India?
- At the moment, no Indians have been prosecuted for playing international online lotto. No laws and regulations are banning Indians from playing, but there are some restrictions regarding organizing lottery draws in certain states. However, if you plan on remaining just a player, you have nothing to worry about.
- ᐅ Which States Legalise Online Lottery?
- Online lotto is not illegal in any of the states, except Punjab that banned internet lottery in January 2020, and Kerala that banned it 5 years prior.
- ᐅ What is The Legal Gambling Age in India?
- You have to be over 18 years of age, plus, you must be able to verify it.
- ᐅ Can I Withdraw the Winnings Online?
- Yes, if you win an internet lottery, you can withdraw your winnings online, just make sure to use a payment method that supports online transactions.