PayU is an online payment company that is taking India by storm. Available since 2006, this payment provider processes over 6 million transactions each day, and many of those are, surely, deposits and withdrawals in PayU online casinos. If you still hesitate to give this payment method a chance, keep in mind they processed transactions worth over $35 billion in 2019 alone.
PayU allows you to make deposits and withdrawals in any PayU online casino without ever giving your credit card information to anyone but them. The basic principle is pretty simple – you connect your credit card with PayU, and PayU serves as a bridge between you and the casino provider. It’s as simple as that! Your personal information remains personal, and you never have to worry about your safety ever again.
Considering PayU online casinos are all the rage in India, it is only reasonable to find out more about this popular payment method.
How to Use PayU in Online Casinos
PayU deposit casinos will have this payment method listed, along with all the other ones. Then simply open a playing account with the casino of your choice. But, before you do that, make sure you have your PayU account all set up and ready to go.
How to Open a PayU account?
Opening a PayU account is really no big deal, and as long as you know how to use the internet, you can open an account with this payment provider:
- Go to PayU India website
- Click SignUp button and enter your email into the appropriate field
- Fill out the required information, such as name and phone number
- Verify your account by typing the 4-digit code sent to your phone
- Connect the PayU with the payment method of your choice (credit cards such as Visa and MasterCard, eWallets, or any of the others 33 online payment options)
How to Deposit with PayU?
Head over to the cashier and select PayU from the list of available payment methods. Once you click it, you will usually have to enter the amount you want to deposit. Most online casinos accepting PayU will require a $10 to $20 minimum deposit. Then, submit the deposit, and the amount will be deducted from the account or credit card you registered on PayU and added to your balance.
To make sure everything runs smoothly and as secure as possible, PayU also integrated an amazing verification step called 1-click checkout. After you submit the deposit, you will have to enter your 3-digit security code, as well as your CVV. This way, PayU systems recognize you as the owner of the money and the account and will process the deposit immediately.
How to Withdraw with PayU?
Withdrawal on PayU casino sites is as simple as it can be. All you have to do is head over to your account section and choose to withdraw your winnings. Then, select PayU as the preferred payment method and type in the amount you want to withdraw. After you submit the withdrawal, all you have to do is wait for it to be processed by the casino’s team. PayU casino sites usually process withdrawals within 1-2 working days, and it is all smooth sailing from there.
What is the minimum deposit with PayU?
PayU gambling sites usually require a rather low minimum deposit – anywhere between $10 and $20. However, keep in mind how this is not determined by the PayU but by the casino itself. It may be lower or higher than the amount mentioned above.
Additional Fee and Withdrawal Time with PayU?
PayU will charge you a small fee for every money transaction you make: flat 2% + GST (18%). Let’s break this down! In case you deposit $100 to any of the online casinos that accept PayU, you will be charged $2 plus $0.36, thus resulting in $2.36 in fees. While some punters might find this unacceptable, the fact is how almost all major payment providers charge handling fees, and it is almost impossible to avoid them. And luckily, PayU fees are on the more reasonable side.
The withdrawal time will highly depend on several factors:
- How fast the casino processes your withdrawal request
- Have you already verified your identity or not
- The day of the week
For instance, players who have already verified their identities and play in online casinos that take PayU and offer expedited withdrawals can expect to spend their money within 2 days.
Pros and Cons of Paying with PayU
PayU accepted online casinos might have some good and some bad sides, but what are the good sides and downsides of using this payment method?
- Safety – PayU is as safe as it can be, as players never have to give their personal information to the casino, and have to verify every transaction by using their special code
- Mobile App – accessible anytime and any place
- Variety of supported methods – all major payment methods such as Visa and PayPal can be connected to PayU
- Fees – every transaction will cost you, so plan accordingly
- Not many casinos available – PayU is not as widespread as other payment methods
PayU in India
PayU has been present in India since 2011, when Ibibo and PayU co-founders Nitin Gupta and Shailaz Nag made this method accessible to Indian citizens. PayU, according to their business results from 2018 and 2019, holds over 50% of all online transactions made in India and provides a payment platform to more than 4,50,000 merchants. As an increasingly popular payment method, it is also being offered by more and more casinos in rupees.
If PayU is not your cup of tea, you can use some alternatives instead:
- PayPal – as the biggest and most reputable online transaction method, it is supported by a great variety of online casinos PayPal method accepted.
- Jeton – an incredibly safe method that requires a QR login before any transaction is approved. Find a good one Jeton casino from our list.
- AstroPay – easily accessible all over India in the shape of vouchers and debit cards. Casino Astropay card is widely accepted on the gambling sites.
1️⃣ Is PayU a safe payment method for Indians?
- Yes, PaySafe is incredibly safe for all casino punters in India. Every transaction must be authorized by entering your very own security code that proves the transaction is made intentionally. Also, once you share payment information with PayU, you never have to share it with anyone else.
2️⃣ How to tell if a casino accepts PayU?
- check out the list of all supported payment methods and look for the PayU logo in shades of green and white. Alternatively, ask customer support whether they support this payment method or not.
3️⃣ Can I use PayU while playing in mobile casinos?
- PayU is completely adjusted to playing in mobile casinos, and you can use it to both deposit and withdraw money, but only as long as your online casino supports mobile playing. We suggest playing in mobile casinos for fast, simple, and smooth transactions.
4️⃣ Does PayU charge any fees?
- PayU will charge you a small 2% fee plus 18% GAT. However, this is still less than many eWallets, and other payment providers would charge you for depositing and withdrawing. Also, keep in mind how the casino might charge you a small withdrawal fee as well.