Play Online Jhandi Munda in India
India is a land of many treasures and stunning landscape, but let’s not forget gambling varieties. Jhandi Munda or Langur Burja is one such gem that has constantly been gaining popularity, even with younger audiences who usually prefer to take their gaming escapades online and play on their mobile phones or desktop computers. But, how come that this ancient game managed to survive all the turmoil (and not to mention regulatory changes and legal manoeuvres) and survive to be one of the most attractive original gambling games in the 21st century?
Answers to this and many other questions, such as how to play Jhandi Munda online, you will find in the article that is in front of you.
Best Jhandi Munda Casinos
|₹500 No Deposit||Jungle Raja||1000+|
What is Jhandi Munda?
Jhandi Munda is a game of chance, also known as langur burja or crown and anchor. This is also a dice game, and it is played with 6 six-sided dice that don’t contain numbers but elaborate symbols. The players place a bet on which symbol will appear the most often, and the one who is right wins. Simple as that! There are no special card combinations to remember or strategies to learn, as the entire game is based on pure luck and random outcomes of tossing the dice.
History of Jhandi Munda
As an Indian, you have probably witnessed someone playing this game, or you have even played it with your friends, but where does it come from? It is believed how Arunachal Pradesh is home to this game, and even though the first record of it dates only to the 18th century, it is probably much much older. The main proof of how it predates the mentioned century is that it is an essential part of many Hindu festivities, such as Dashain, Dashami, and Tihar. Many Hindu traditions are much older than the written records about them.
Even though the game originates from India, it is also incredibly popular in Nepal and other neighbouring countries. The British royal navy probably spread this game all over the British Empire and the rest of the world but under the name crown and anchor. Today, this exciting title is still played on the streets (and necessarily only during festivities), but more and more punters indulge their favourite pastime online. Online Jhandi Munda is just as popular as any other game available at online casinos.
And even though some other games like Teen Patti, Andar Bahar, and Indian rummy tend to be more popular (or at least more present), this true gaming evergreen doesn’t lag. The increased interest in this game is perpetuated by the increasing popularity of online gaming sites, making it available to play the game 24/7, no matter where you are and what you do.
How to Play Jhani Munda?
By now, you’re probably wondering how to enjoy this game online? Well, for that, you will need an online casino with Indian rupees, but essentially, the rules are the same no matter where you play. If you are a complete beginner, we bring you a detailed guide on play Jhandi Munda for real money.
Jhandi Munda Rules
This game is played most commonly at a table, but it can be played on the floor. However, if you play it online, you will face a board with a very specific layout. First, there will be a grid with all symbols used in the game, and second, there will be a dedicated spot where you place your bet. The background colours may vary, but the symbols will always be the same, you don’t have to worry about that.
The game is played with 6 dice that have quite a unique design. We already mentioned, there are 6 symbols, one on each side of the dice. They are as follows:
- Flag – jhandi
- Heart – paan
- Diamond – eent
- Spade – hukum
- Club – chiri
- Crown – munda
All symbols are easily recognizable, and even beginners can figure them out without much fuss. If you are not sure about it, simply google them, and you’ll see for yourself.
The game is usually played with up to 6 players at a single table. On rare occasions, a casino might allow more than 6 people, but it is much better to focus on finding your seat at the table within the first six. They place their bets saying how much they want to wager on a certain symbol. The dealer closes the bets and rolls the dice, usually by using a special type of basket. If you play RNG games, this will be done by the software that provides random outcomes on all rolls. After the dice settle, the dealer announces the winning symbol and the winner at the table!
Types of Payouts
Of course, this game wouldn’t be even near as fun if there weren’t payouts that can be quite lucrative. Basically, your payout will depend not only on the symbol but also on the number of times the symbol appears. Confused? Here is a real-life example!
Let’s say you wager $1 on a heart symbol, and after the dice have been rolled, you see five heart symbols. Congrats! You’ll end up the game with your initial wager, plus 5x your stake, or to be more precise, $6 on your balance. If only clubs land, you haven’t won a thing, and if only 2 hearts land, you get twice your stake. Now, keep in mind that sometimes, you will have to win a minimum of two or more symbols to get any payout when you enjoy this game online. All such rules are listed in the gaming guide, usually available with every live casino table or RNG game.
Jhandi Munda Glossary
Unlike more complicated games like poker, this Indian game doesn’t have any special lingo. Still, if you want to leave an impression on the peers sitting at the same table as you, maybe it would be good to get familiar with all the terms related to the game.
- Board – the place where you place the bets and dice are rolled
- Basket – contraption used by the dealer to roll the dice
- Jhandi – flag symbol
- Munda – the crown symbol
- Hukum – the spade symbol
- Paan – the heart symbol
- Chiri – the club symbol
- Eent – the diamond symbol
- Langur – the anchor symbol, used only occasionally in British variants
- Bet – wager placed on a certain symbol
- Langur burja – another name for the game
- Dealer – the person that rolls the dice and announces the winner
- Player – the person who places a bet
Live Casino vs. Video Jhandi Munda
At best Jhandi Munda casinos, you can play two types of this game. One is a live dealer game, and the other one is the RNG game or video game. What is the difference, you might ask? Well, the difference is huge, but not in terms of winning or payouts, but in terms of playing experience.
RNG games tend to be more like video games. They are played on a specially designed interface that resembles that of your favourite computer game. You only interact with algorithms, and you can take your time with every bet you make. After you place the bet, the algorithm will roll the dice and present you with symbols that landed on the board. Some players don’t like this type of game, as they believe the computer is always working against them, but there is no reason for that. Reliable casinos have fair and random algorithms that don’t have any impact on the outcome.
Live casino game is streamed live from luxurious studios, where real dealers, usually experienced professionals, lead the game just like they would if you decided to visit a real land-based casino. And that is why live casino game is so attractive – it provides a realistic and authentic gaming experience incomparable with video gaming, and more similar to playing in real life.
It is hard to say which type of game is better, as the selection, in the end, depends only on you. But as long as you play at a serious and reliable casino, there is nothing to worry about, as you know, you will be getting premium gaming opportunities.
Mobile Jhandi Munda
Jhandi Munda can be played in land-based casinos, on the streets, and on desktop computers, but if you are always on the go, you can play on mobile as well. Before you head over to the app store, keep one thing on your mind – Apple and Android stores are stacked with attractive games that can be played for imaginary coins. That is completely fine if you don’t want to make any money from it (which we truly doubt).
If you want to make big bucks, find a casino that works on mobile phones and play the game through the website. Such real money games are always far more entertaining and usually have a real random number generator that shows a different outcome every time you play. Simultaneously, gaming apps are usually more oriented on a visual aspect, and outcomes repeat quite frequently.
Jhandi Munda Tips
Considering this is a 100% game of chance, it is hard to say any strategies are related to it. It is simply impossible to have a calculated prediction on what symbol will land next, and in the end, that is what makes this entire game so fun and exciting. No calculations, no planning ahead, just hope and confidence you will be the right who wins the round!
But does that mean there is no way to improve your chances of going home with a nice sum on your balance? Well, there are more than a few tips that can help!
- Play cold symbols – the logic says that all symbols must become winning at some point during the game. So, if hearts, clubs, and crowns appear four times in the row, the chances are that the fifth time flags, spades, and diamond will show up, meaning you have to bet on one of them. Please keep in mind how this is not a 100% safe strategy that guarantees any wins but rather an indication of what might happen.
- Play hot symbols – some players prefer to play symbols on a winning streak. For example, in the imaginary situation we mentioned above, some players would continue to bet on hearts symbol as long as they win the game. Again, this is not a real strategy with a real scientific background.
- Keep track – Jhandi Munda is fast, and we mean really, really fast! If you play at a live casino, the dealer is the one that dictates the tempo, and there is not much time to think. For this reason, it is important to keep track of all your bets, how much you have won, and how much you have wagered to avoid any unpleasant surprises. If there is one thing we can guarantee you, it’s that you will sometimes be playing more than two hands within a single minute, so you better set some limits in advance.
- Don’t force it – like all games of chance, Jhandi Munda can’t be forced. If you are on a losing streak, the wisest thing to do is give up on it and call it a day instead of chasing the losses (and generating even more losing bets). IF you are on a winning streak, appreciate what you have, and stay attentive. It is possible to lose on your winnings in one hand, so don’t be cocky!
- Act responsibly – if you enjoy Jhandi Munda, we recommend you never play more than you can afford. Always act responsibly, and don’t gamble the money you need to live a comfortable life. Jhandi Munda or any other game for that matter is not a steady source of income.
Where to Play Jhandi Munda Online
Jhandi Munda can be played at many online casinos. All you have to do is find the one that suits you. Don’t be fooled by colourful banners and vibrant colours, and always focus on the most important – you need a licensed and regulated casino, provides a safe gaming experience on a plethora of games and allows plenty of payment methods, including those you already use. But, as new casino brands show up each day, it becomes quite a mission to find the one that suits you.
To keep the search process as short as possible, we reviewed the best and most attractive casinos just for you and listed them on our website. All the sites we recommend have been tested by our contributors that have great experience in the gaming industry. Also, they are fair, provide an impressive number of games and bonuses accompanied by wagering requirements that are manageable for all types of players.
- 1️⃣ Is Jhandi Munda legal in India?
- no law explicitly forbids playing this game. However, to stay on the safe side and protect your money, always play only with licensed and regulated casino operators. Some of the most reputable regulatory authorities are the UK Gambling Commission, Malta Gaming Authority, and Curacao Gaming authority.
- 2️⃣ What is the maximum amount I can win by playing Jhandi Munda?
- The maximum amount you can wager is always determined by the casino. However, the maximum amount you can win is 6x the initial bet, but only if you score all 6 symbols of the kind you predicted.
- 3️⃣ Can I play Jhandi Munda on my mobile?
- Yes, you can play it on your mobile phone. Many apps deliver multiple variants of this game. Still, we suggest you find a solid casino with a mobile interface and play there for real money playing experience. Also, don’t be afraid to play a few hands in the demo mode before placing real bets.
- 4️⃣ Is a live casino with Jhandi Munda real?
- Live Jhandi Munda is as real as you and me. Live dealers are located in special studios across the world and streamed with multiple cameras in real-time. Essentially it takes less than a millisecond for sound and image to be transferred from studio to your divide (mobile or desktop), and there are no delays. Nothing is prerecorded, and you get an authentic gaming experience.