RuPay is a special payment card launched by NPCI for all Indian banks, making it incredibly attractive for Indian casino punters who prefer to take their gaming experience online. For this reason, online casinos accepting RuPay are becoming increasingly popular, as the newest casinos do their best to provide localized, safe, and easy payment methods that will not only attract more Indian customers but also be a popular alternative for their existing users.
RuPay was founded in 2012 by the National Payments Corporation of India with the idea of it being a unique payment solution that serves as a replacement for international credit cards as Visa and MasterCard, while integrating other popular Indian payment methods at the same time, all under one roof. And what about the name? “Ru” stands for “rupee”, and “pay” is for payment. Today, RuPay offers different types of cards: credit cards, debit, and prepaid cards, as well as contactless payments that are becoming a must-have in this day and age. There are also RuPay Combo, a card that is both debit and credit card in one, as well as RuPay Global and RuPay Select (for more affluent users).
Best RuPay Casinos in India
# Casino Bonus Play Review Games Deposit 1 ₹70,000 JeetPlay 1250+ 2 ₹10,400 1xbet 1750+ 3 ₹100,000 Windaddy 3500+ 4 €1000+ 50 Free Spins Khelo24Bet 2000+
How to Use RuPay in Online Casinos
RuPay can be used like any credit and debit card at any RuPay casino. All you need to do is check our RuPay online casinos list and find one you like. Then, follow the steps listed below, and you'll be able to play your favourite games soon enough!
How to Sign Up
To gamble online for money at RuPay deposit casinos you will need a RuPay card. What is important to know is that all banks connected to NPCI can issue RuPay Card. So, find a bank that is close to you, and submit a form requesting a RuPay card. Some banks will also allow you to make this request online. Make sure to prepare KYC documents, such as an ID card and proof of address, as the bank will have to verify your identity, so they don't issue a card to some imposters. The card will be in your mailbox within just a few days, and you are good to go!
RuPay casino sites will have a special page dedicated to all your payments. Once you register, you will find it in your account settings (it's usually called Cashier, Balance, Payments, or similar). There, look for a RuPay icon with arrows in green and orange and click it. From here, it's just like any other credit card or debit card payment. Enter the requested data, the desired deposit amount, and submit it.
Withdrawals are just as easy as deposits. After you are done with RuPay gambling, head over to the Cashier and ask for a withdrawal by clicking the dedicated tab, enter the amount and requested bank details, and the money should be with you in no time!
The minimum deposit is not determined by the payment method, but by the casino operator, meaning that low deposit online casinos that accept RuPay will usually ask for a Rs 1,000 deposit (or something like that) which is more than a minimum transaction supported by the payment service provider.
Additional Fee and Withdrawal Time
This payment method is, in many ways, much more budget-friendly than mainstream cards like Mastercard and Visa in casinos. In most case, credit card withdrawals are charged with a fixed fee that can highly affect the amount you get in the end, while the NPCI charges a flat-fee per transaction of 60 paise from the acquiring bank and 30 paise from the card-issuing bank, meaning – it's much cheaper to withdraw at RuPay accepted online casinos than one would expect!
It takes up to 3 days for a casino to process a withdrawal, plus an additional day or two for you to see the money on your account. Of course, this period might be longer or shorter depending on the casino's policies, day of the week, public holidays, etc.
Pros and Cons
As with any other method, this one also has some good and bad sides. Here's what to expect!
- Availability – whether you are living in an urban or rural area, there is probably a bank or two around you that offers RuPay.
- National payment method – as a method established by NPCI and a local payment solution, it is incredibly safe and highly regulated, which means – your money is safe, and so are all your transactions.
- Versatility – this type of card can be used anywhere, anytime. You can pay online (as in the case of online casinos), or you can use them in your favourite stores, ATMs, etc.
- Low fees – compared to other similar methods, RuPay is as cheap as it gets.
- Slow – it takes time to register and get your hands on your card. Even after you already have it, most casinos will treat it like any other debit and credit card, meaning longer withdrawal times.
- Influenced by politics – due to some decisions made in 2020 by NPCI, banks started to avoid offering RuPay and force sales of others for the more lucrative payment methods.
RuPay in India
As an Indian payment method, it was trendy from the very start in 2020. By December 2019, NPCI issued 591.5 million cards. 22.9 million cards were used on ATMs, and more than 100 million on POS devices for payments in physical stores. Unfortunately, there is no official data on how many Indians use their cards to play at online casinos. The majority of cards were issued by public banks such as State Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, Punjab National Bank, Canara Bank, Union Bank of India, and Bank of India.
It is prevalent among all generations and both urban and rural Indians. In fact, it has been so popular that banks started recommending classic credit cards that are more lucrative for them as institutions, as the popularity of state-regulated RuPay has been so immense, they started experiencing financial loss. Still, most reputable banks offer RuPay and are more than happy to provide this insanely attractive service to their customers.
Still not sure whether this method is right for you? Here are some alternatives!
- 1️⃣ What banks offer RuPay cards?
- RuPay is offered by public, private and rural banks in India. However, the ten core promoter banks are State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Canara Bank, Bank of Baroda, Union Bank of India, Bank of India, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Citibank N. A., and HSBC. Basically, whatever bank you visit, you will probably find it to be a RuPay bank.
- 2️⃣ Is RuPay safe?
- Considering the country's biggest financial institutions have founded it, RuPay is more than safe. We always remind you how that doesn't mean all casinos that work with RuPay are safe. Furthermore, make sure to implement some basic safety measures and keep your card safe, don't use it on a suspicious website, know your pin my heart, and don't have it written a piece of paper next to the card.
- 3️⃣ Can I withdraw with my RuPay card?
- Yes, you can withdraw money with RuPay. As we already explained, it is just as easy as withdrawing with any other credit or debit card.
- 4️⃣ How to find a safe RuPay gaming site?
- The easiest way to find a safe RuPay casino is to check out our casinos list that accepts this payment method. All casinos listed feature incredible bonuses, high-quality games, and have state-of-the-art safety protocols implemented directly on the playing platform so you can enjoy it without a worry in mind.